All the devices that support yoga practice for you along with some other useful knowledge will be in this compilation.
Definitely going along with the gym, the yoga movement is spreading more and more throughout the country. That is why simple yoga exercises for weight loss are becoming more and more popular.
There are many reasons why yoga will help reduce stress hormone levels and increase insulin sensitivity, helping the body burn more stored fat. Today, Bellyfatzone would like to share with you yoga exercises to help lose weight for beginners.
First of all, you need to remember to prepare a yoga mat at home. Should choose a good carpet to limit poor quality carpets, affecting the skin.
Equipment to support your yoga practice:
- Best Women’s Yoga Socks
- Best Travel Yoga Mats
- Best Yoga Bolsters
- Best Yoga Blocks
- Best Yoga Clothing
- Best Eye Pillows
- Best Yoga Starter Kit
- Best Yoga Straps
- Best Yoga Mats Hot Yoga
- Best Yoga Towels
- Best Yoga Mat Bag
Perform basic weight loss yoga exercises at home from AZ
For women who love yoga also realize the perfect function of this subject. If you think it’s easy to practice Yoga, some poses look as easy as eating porridge, then please try it. If you exercise properly and keep it like that, you will see that 5 minutes must be many calories burned.
- Follow this route at least 3 times a week, hold each posture one by one for 3-5 deep breaths/time. Otherwise, the goal will not be achieved.
- Start with Main Pose for each movement. If it’s too difficult to do, choose the Easy Practice option.
- If it’s not hard enough, try the Hard Work option.
- To accelerate results, hold each pose for 5-8 breaths and increase the number of repetitions to 2-3.
Crescent moon pose
Goal: Toning abs, hips, and thighs
- Stand with feet parallel, closed, toes pointed straight, arms extended to the sides.
- Inhale deeply, raise your arms above the ceiling.
- Exhale, bend forward from the hips, pulling your hands to the floor.
- Deep breath. Then, exhale, bring your right leg back, left knee bent 90 degrees.
- Inhale, raise your arms above your head, eyes looking forward.
- Hold the position, return to the starting position and repeat for the other leg.
- Stand with your feet together, hands to your sides. Place the left foot on the inside of the right thigh, with the left knee bent. Touch your palms in front of your chest for the first 2 breaths.
- On the next breath, extend your arms overhead, fingertips pointing up toward the ceiling—Exhale, lean to the left.
- Inhale, return to the original position.
- Repeat and switch sides.
Rocking boat pose
- Sit down on the mat; knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Two hands holding thighs. Keep your body straight.
- Lean back 45 degrees, raise your legs so that your calves are parallel to the floor, toes pointing forward.
- Inhale deeply, stretch your arms and legs out, close your legs together. Exhale; while inhaling, lower your body and legs to 10cm from the floor so that your body forms a V.
- Exhale, lift legs back up. Repeat 5 times.
This is also one of the effective weight loss yoga poses similar to Plank. Get into a push-up position with straight arms, hands under shoulders, body forming a straight line.
Inhale, lower your chest to the floor so that your upper arm is parallel to your body. Exhale, push back.
- Stand up straight, legs closed, arms stretched out to the sides.
- Inhale, raise your arms above your head, palms facing each other.
- Exhale, sit down to create a 45-degree angle.
Detailed instructions for yoga exercises to remove eye bags for beginners
Yoga instructor, Margaret Hudson, shares that the following yoga poses will increase pressure on the head, helping blood flow to the swollen area more.
This is one of the easiest poses. This pose helps to relax muscles, relieve stress, and prevent constipation. It energizes the body and improves blood circulation everywhere. People should do it in the morning, on an empty stomach.
- Sit with your back straight, legs straight, together.
- Bring your arms out in front of you and bend over.
- Let your forehead touch your knees, chest pressed against your thighs.
- Reach out and grab your toes.
- Hold for 60 seconds.
This yoga pose helps to harness the hidden energy inside the body. This movement helps to reduce stress, improve digestion, and make eating more appetizing. This is also a yoga exercise to help reduce puffiness, headaches, and insomnia.
- Lie straight, legs together, hands on both sides, palms facing down.
- Raise your legs to be perpendicular to your body.
- Squeeze your hands down, lift your hips.
- Place your feet over your head, toes touching the floor.
- Hold for 60 seconds.
It should be done in the morning or evening on an empty stomach. This pose helps to improve the respiratory system, nervous system, fight depression and anxiety.
- Lie straight, arms by your sides.
- Bend knees, soles of feet pressed to floor.
- Keeping your shoulders straight, bend your arms back, palms pressed to the floor, in front of your shoulders.
- Lift people.
- The weight is on the arms and legs. Head down.
- Hold for 60 seconds.
In addition, you also have to work hard to practice more sports exercises to support and enhance health.
Instructions on how to choose a yoga mat
The importance of a yoga mat
Yoga is currently growing in popularity and is loved by many people due to its positive physical and mental health effects.
Compared to other disciplines, yoga requires very few tools and equipment. In the gym, you will be equipped with all the necessary equipment. However, you should still buy yourself a personal mat if you do not want to share it or save it for practice sessions at home. Here are some of the benefits of a yoga mat.
1. Balance support
Most yoga poses require you to keep your balance, and a good mat can make all the difference in your practice. Beginners will need this help.
A good mat will help you not slip, slip your hands when practicing, avoid danger and injury. Think of the one-legged standing poses; it’s terrible if you lose your balance and slip, right?
3. Keep your body warm in the cold season
In winter, no one likes to be exposed to the cold floor, especially in crawling movements, lying down… A gym or yoga mat will help you feel warmer and protect your health.
4. Keep your body clean
The floor, especially the gym floor, always contains dirt, bacteria that cause itching or allergies to the skin. Using a personal rug will help keep your friend clean.
Tell you how to choose a good and suitable yoga mat
This is a very worthwhile investment, so learn carefully how to choose a yoga mat to buy a worth the money. Here are the factors you should consider.
1. Yoga mat size
Which type of yoga mat to buy will depend on the size, and to choose the right size, you must consider your body shape.
If you are slim and petite, choose a padded rug. Because if your friend is low in fat, it is like missing a “buffer.” Then, it would help if you chose a rug that is at least ¼ inch (about 6mm) thick. People with joint pain should also choose a thick mat to exercise more comfortably and without pain.
Those with fuller skin can exercise with a mat 1/8 inch (3mm) thick.
A standard rug is usually 68 inches (172cm) long. This yoga mat size will cater well to people whose height is under 168cm. If you’re taller than that, buy a rug that’s longer or stretchy.
Common rugs are 61 or 63cm wide. However, those who prefer comfort and have a spacious practice space can choose an ultra-wide mat – 80cm.
2. Weight of carpet
- When shopping formats, always consider where you will practice.
- If you practice at home, most basic mats will work.
- If you bring a mat to class, the gym, or plan to take it with you while traveling, choose a lightweight rug.
- The same material, the thicker the carpet will be heavier, when rolled it is also bigger than the thin ones. So if you often carry your mats around, you should choose thin ones, or if you can afford them, buy 2, 1 thick and good to practice at home, 1 light and compact to carry.
- Good mats such as PU will weigh up to 1.5-2kg. NBR or PVC carpets are lighter.
3. What type of yoga do you practice?
Depending on what form of yoga you usually practice, you will know which type of yoga mat to choose.
- Vinyasa Yoga: Vinyasa Yoga classes will require many complex movements, so you need a mat with good friction so that your arms and legs don’t slip.
- Yin Yoga: Restorative and relaxing, slow motion, so you need a soft, cushioned mat.
- Hot Yoga or Bikram Yoga: These are classes in a hot room; you have to invest in a specially designed, sweat-proof mat to keep the mat clean and durable. If you join these yoga classes, you cannot use ordinary mats because they will be damaged. Ask the seller for advice on the right type.
4. Material of carpet
If you want to know which yoga mat to buy, an important and indispensable factor is the material.
- PVC carpet
This is one of the most popular materials used to make basic yoga mats, very cheap.
However, this type of mat is not highly recommended by Yogis because polyvinyl chloride is a carcinogen. It is not good for health as well as the environment because it is difficult to recycle. After a while, the carpet loses its elasticity, the plastic particles come off, it’s easy to get dirty, and it has an unpleasant plastic smell. So limit the use of carpets from PVC.
- Rubber mats
Mats made from natural rubber will be a better choice and are favored by many yoga practitioners. It is widely sold in the market at a not too high price.
- NBR . carpet
NBR is a mat made of homologs of butadiene and acrylonitrile. The properties of this carpet are similar to natural rubber, with high elasticity with good compression or tension. NBR mats are usually thicker than 10mm, soft, smooth, and porous texture.
The mat is quite durable, cold-resistant when having to practice on the floor in the cold season, especially since the price is quite affordable. You can refer to the LiveUp Sports NBR Exercise Yoga Mat, a famous brand with and competitive price.
- TPE carpet
Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) is a high-end and relatively new material in the exercise mat market, also known as young rubber.
The mat has elasticity, high elasticity, good strength, high-temperature resistance, good grip, anti-slip, durable, light, can be folded, and easy to carry.
Due to the high-quality material, the price of TPE carpet is also slightly higher than other types of carpet.
LiveUp Sports TPE Yoga Mat with durable material, lightweight, and convenient design will be the best choice for you.
- PU carpet
PU carpet is made of natural rubber combined with polyurethane, also belongs to the high-class carpet line produced by famous brands. This mat has excellent grip even when you sweat a lot; the carpet is thin and easy to roll up. The price of PU carpet is quite high and requires you to store and use it carefully.
- Foam carpet
These rugs are quite soft and comfortable to use. Usually, the inside of the carpet will be foam padding; the outside is covered with cloth. This type supports good training, but the grip is a bit low. Although the outer shell is easy to wash, you cannot wash the foam inside.
- Cotton carpet
This is a trendy carpet on the market. This type wicks sweat but are easy to wash, has a softer texture and more grip than foam mats.
5. Properties of carpet
After reviewing the standards such as size, weight, material, you also need to check its properties to know which yoga mat is good.
- Elasticity, stretch
Mats with good elasticity will not sink, collapse, or deform after you perform exercises, as well as maintain durability after a period of use.
Try using 2 fingers to gently squeeze an angle according to the thickness of the carpet to check. If 2 fingers touch close together, it means that the mat is too soft; you may have pain when practicing due to contact with the ground. If the carpet is flattened and does not return to the same position, the elasticity is not good. Also, please do not choose a carpet that is too hard because it will not provide much support.
- Anti-slip ability
When exercising, your sweat wets the mat, causing it to slip, which can be dangerous in some exercises. Look for a non-slip mat, especially if you often do vigorous movements. Carpets need a strong grip, no matter how much you have to move.
To test, you spread the carpet on the floor, use your hands to push the carpet. If you feel your hands slip away, the anti-slip ability of the carpet is not good.
You can also choose carpets with a non-stick surface.
Although these mats have a rough texture and can cause irritation if your skin is sensitive, they will have a great advantage when you practice intense yoga poses.
- Surface flatness
When buying a carpet, try spreading it out to see if the carpet is flat. If the carpet’s surface has protrusions, it means the carpet is of poor quality or has been damaged; you should choose to buy another one.
6. Carpets are easy to store and maintain
An easy-to-store rug would be a great choice. Carpets that cannot be rolled up can be a huge inconvenience. When shopping for rugs, choose a lightweight rug that can be rolled up if you want to carry it around.
If you are a regular yoga practitioner, you can consider buying a few accessories for your mats, such as a cotton handle, a basket, or a carrying case.
7. The price of carpet
Price is also a factor that has a lot of influence on your decision. How much does a yoga mat cost? It depends on the material, size, and brand of manufacture.
Borderless 1/8-inch PVC mats are usually the cheapest but tend to wear out quickly and are not as durable. If you are determined to exercise seriously and for a long time, you can think about buying a better and more expensive mat.
The carpet is thick and smooth, has high adhesion, does not stick to the skin, famous brands will usually have a higher price, but if the quality is good, it can be used for a long time, of course, it is not called “expensive.”
With a good mat, you will feel your training sessions more comfortable and enjoyable, more motivated to practice. And you already know how to choose a good yoga mat, buy yourself a quality and value-for-money companion.