Increasing the amount of protein in meals and reducing the number of carbs will help you lose weight; at first, you will feel ridiculous because when the calories from protein more will lead to you gain more weight, how can there lose weight.
However, this is a weight-loss method that many people worldwide are changing, which is the low carb weight loss regime.
What is Low Carb? Low Carb is a lower diet, and the rest, like protein or fat, is eaten without restriction.
See Also :
Low carbs is a popular weight-loss method because of its ability to lose weight effectively, but it is also quite comfortable due to not having to abstain too much.
Not only do people who regularly exercise, but ordinary people also need to know nutritious foods to know how to create a diet suitable for their body.
A low-carb diet is gradually becoming a trend that many people believe for those who require fat loss.
That is why many people come to Google every day searching for low carb food keywords. Today, we are going to share with you a list of low-carb foods.
This article will help you understand why carbs are important. Carb is the energy source for the body to work, so it can not be completely removed.
However, if you do not know how to control it, it will become a factor to cause an OPE situation.
For those who need to cut excess calories, reducing carbs in the daily diet actually brings impressive benefits.
Cutting down carbs during your daily meals will help reduce hunger. This will greatly assist with weight loss, thanks to the calorie deficit.
Many scientific studies have proven that low-carb diets help to lose 4 times better than a low-fat diet.
Besides, reducing carbs at a reasonable level also helps reduce blood sugar, reduce blood fat, high blood pressure …
The low-carb mode is not too complicated. Just based on a regular diet based on low in carbs, maintaining a reasonable amount of food is sure to ensure successful weight loss.
Are you still wondering whether Low Carb is really effective, what is more, harmful to health, and how to do it? Now BellyFatZone invites you to refer to this article together!
What is low carb? Basic knowledge about Low Carbs
How to lose weight fast and effectively is now the demand of many people. Countless diet and weight loss methods are being shared, but not all are effective and safe for health.
Many dieting methods do not follow scientific grounds; they are only temporary and harmful to long-term health. What about Low Carb?
What is the Low Carb Method?
Low Carb stands for Low-Carbohydrate, meaning low sugar, starch. The name says it all. The rules for eating LowCarbs are simple:
- Limit almost absolute foods with starch, sugar: Rice, noodles, corn, potatoes, sweet candies, fruits high in sugar …
- Eat without protein and fat: Meat, fish, eggs, milk, beans …
Looking at the above principle, you will feel quite comfortable, right? And many people who have done Low Carb have also recognized this.
You are not limited to the amount of food you eat, so you will not feel hungry. Dieting will no longer be a nightmare.
The origins of the Low Carb diet for weight loss
For a long time, there have been many authors writing about Low Carb. But the most famous and popular menu is by Robert Atkins (1930-2003), an American cardiologist.
It is famous enough to mention the Low Carb Diet as well as the Atkins Diet.
Robert Atkins is an overweight person and has been using Low Carb successfully for himself and his patients since 1963. He published an introductory book about this method in 1972. But because its effectiveness has only been proven from an Experimental but no scientific basis.
By the early 1990s, he again published the second book about this special diet. A lot of people have followed suit and gave positive feedback. After only 2-4 weeks, they lost 5-10kg thanks to eating.
However, people still cannot explain why Low Carb helps to lose weight. Even Atkins himself. Until his death in 2003, he had not really explained it scientifically.
Why does Low Carb help with weight loss?
Low Carb poses a contradiction that people have been headache seek resolution:
Why eating a lot of calories can lose weight? We all see this instead of the usual rule of thumb: to lose weight, you have to cut calories. While Low Carb only limits starch, no calories.
Finally, in 2003, scientists found a solution to this problem. The answer is surprisingly simple.
That’s because a high-protein diet makes people feel full and reduces their appetite, so they eat less than usual, even without food restrictions.
Thus, the weight loss effect is real, even though it sounds ridiculous at first.
View more: 32 Foods That Burn Belly Fat Fast
Is Low Carb safe for health?
Despite losing weight very well, the safety of Low Carb is still a matter of much controversy. Does replacing carbohydrates with protein and fat raise cholesterol?
An experiment in the early 2000s by doctors from Duke University and Pennsylvania in the US showed that the group of people who applied Low Carb not only did not increase their cholesterol, but most of them decreased. They rated this method as relatively safe.
However, a recent study by the European Society of Cardiology, conducted in Germany, suggests that Low Carb will increase the risk of premature death from cancer and heart disease.
These risks are particularly pronounced in people who consume less than 10% of the total daily calories of carbs.
There is no conclusion about Low Carb’s safety level, there are many supporters, and some do not.
Low Carb benefits for health and fitness
If you ask Low Carb if it’s good, it’s undeniable that it still has many benefits. It is not natural that so many people decide to put their faith in this method.
1. Effective weight loss
This is the most attractive benefit of Low Carb. This is considered the savior of those who want to lose weight much and fast and have failed with other methods.
2. Does not cause hunger
The reason people give up on diets because they cannot tolerate the feeling of ravenous and craving. But with Low Carb, everything is more comfortable.
Protein is a slow-absorbing substance that makes you feel full, less hungry, and therefore less overall.
3. Reduce the harmful effects of excess starch
Eating too many carbohydrates has been linked to many health problems such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes, and cancers.
Together with Low Carb, you will cut down on bad starch and eliminate its harmful effects.
What are the harmful effects of a low carb diet?
When you are deficient in a substance group, more or less will cause unwanted side effects. Some harmful effects of Low Carb include:
Limbs, drooling, dizziness, sweating, or even fainting are common symptoms when you fast, skip meals due to depleted sugar reserves.
Then the body will turn to fat as the main source of energy. But fat will take longer to mobilize and metabolize more.
2. Muscle loss
Will eating Low Carb lose muscle? The sad news is that many studies have proven to be. When there is not enough glucose for energy-intensive activities, the body breaks down muscle proteins into energy for use. From there, it causes muscle loss.
3. Bad breath
Fat makes three products called ketones, which are used to create energy. Part of Ketone escaping through the respiratory tract will cause bad breath.
4. Increased risk of diabetes
Doctors think that eating primarily protein and fat will reduce your body’s sensitivity to the insulin hormone. The lower the sensitivity, the higher the risk of diabetes.
Who should not apply Low Carb?
The following three subjects are not suitable for Low Carb performance. If you are in one of the 3 groups below, you need to consult your doctor if you want to apply.
- People taking medication for diabetes: Low Carb may be good for people with diabetes, but you need to talk to your doctor about how to do it, especially when you are taking medicines like insulin.
- People taking medication for high blood pressure: Low Carb may not be suitable when used in combination with this medicine.
- Breastfeeding people: Low Carb while breastfeeding can reduce the quality of the milk supply. Prioritize the nutrition of both mother and child during this period.
Guide to implement Low Carb safely and effectively
Is there any way to apply that both overcome the harmful effects of weight loss Low Carb and improve weight effectively? Here is the advice of the experts for you.
Tips to make Low Carb healthy
1. Do not completely cut starches
First, you have to understand that Low Carb is not complete elimination of starch but only a starch reduction.
It is best to remove bad starches (sugary drinks, candies, white bread, white rice …) and replace them with good starches (vegetables, fruits, beans, potatoes, whole grains …).
This way, you will not experience hypoglycemia. Attention, you should read the article on what starch is to understand its nature.
2. Eat more protein, eat less fat
Although Low Carb’s rule is not to limit the amount of protein in the fat intake, experts still recommend eating more protein and limiting fat.
While protein makes you feel full and reduces your appetite, fat makes you feel good and wants to eat more, affecting weight loss. Moreover, we all know that high-fat intake in the long term will not be beneficial to health.
High protein stores will also limit muscle loss when Low Carb. High protein foods will be the source of your choice and include in your healthy Low Carb menu. They are perfect for bodybuilders.
3. Add other substance groups
Don’t just focus on protein for fat, but skip other important groups like fiber, minerals, and vitamins.
Starchy foods are also a major source of fiber. To not be deficient in fiber, increase your intake of green vegetables such as cauliflower, cucumber … At the same time, do not forget to drink plenty of water.
If you eat less fruit, you can use additional foods to get all the vitamins and minerals you need.
4. Low Carb only for a while
Once you have followed the Low Carb diet and achieved your desired weight, you should adjust your diet, return to the traditional method: Eat a diet combined with exercise to maintain weight.
Popular Low Carb levels
There are now many Low Carb menus with different rules about the type and amount of food used. Among them, the 3 most popular forms are Ketogenic, Moderate, and Liberal. They differ based on the number of carbs consumed.
- Ketogenic Low Carb (Less than 20g carbs per day): Commonly known as the keto method. Carbs account for less than 4% of total energy intake, and protein is also average or low.
- Moderate Low Carb (20-50g carbs per day): This is the average Low Carb. Carbs account for 4-10% of total energy.
- Liberal Low Carb (50-100g carbs per day): Also known as Free Low Carb. Carbs account for 10-20% of total energy.
A typical Western meal contains up to 250g of carbs. You can clearly see the difference between Low Carb and normal eating.
To ensure your health, it is best to choose Liberal Low Carb or adjust the carbs to best suit your situation and location.
View more: Low Carb Menu for a Week
What is low carb eaten?
- Meats to be eaten: All, from beef, pork, lamb to poultry …
- You can freely eat leather or fatty meat.
- It is best to choose organic or grass-fed meat.
2. Fish and seafood
- Types of seafood to be eaten: All, salmon, mackerel, sardines, herring …
- I prefer fish that are high in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Types of eggs to be eaten: All, boiled eggs, fried eggs, fried eggs, omelets …
- If possible, choose organic eggs.
- Types of fats are eaten: Butter, coconut oil, fish oil, lard, olive oil, vegetable oil …
- If you use certain sauces or creams, check to see if their ingredients are high in starch.
- Here are the types of sauces, with starch content increasing from left to right. The number shown in the picture is the% starch of each type.
- Vegetables that are eaten: Vegetables that grow and grow on the ground such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kale, asparagus, eggplant, spinach, mushrooms, cucumbers, tomatoes, tomatoes, Carrots, onions, peppers, bell peppers, and many other green vegetables.
- Can Low Carb eat vegetables? You can eat most vegetables because they have negligible starch.
- Types of milk to be consumed: Butter, cream (40% fat), sour cream, yogurt, cheese …
- Be careful with regular, low-fat, or skim milk as they often contain lots of milk sugar, avoiding flavored, sweetened milk products.
7. Nuts and seeds
- Nuts to eat: Almonds, sunflower, walnuts …
- Nuts are a good alternative to other types of snacks like candy.
- Here are nuts with starch content increasing from left to right. The number shown in the picture is the% starch of each type.
- Low Carb eat Fruit (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, cherries, blueberries), plums, tangerines, kiwi, melons, peaches, etc.
- These are the fruits that contain the least amount of carbs you can regularly use.
How many fruits is Low Carb eaten per day?
- For Moderate Low-carb, you need to limit fruit intake; usually, 1 fruit a day is enough.
- For Liberal Low-carb, you can eat 2-3 fruits a day.
- Here are fruits with increasing sugar content from left to right.
Low Carb drink what water?
- Water: This is definitely the best option; you can drink unlimited.
- Coffee: Black coffee or a small amount of milk/cream is ideal for weight loss. But cream and milk shouldn’t add too much.
- Tea: Tea’s weight loss effects are similar to coffee.
- Alcohol: You can drink wine, champagne, whiskey, vodka, or gin.
- Dark chocolate: Can Low Carb eat chocolate? Chocolate or drinks with a cocoa content above 70% may be used.
Low Carb does not eat what?
1. Foods high in sugar
- Foods to avoid: Cake, candy, chocolate, ice cream, cereal for breakfast … Especially, limit sugary foods, artificial sweeteners.
2. Starch-rich foods
- Foods to avoid: Bread, biscuits, pasta, potatoes, corn, popcorn, rice, rice.
You should not eat flour, flour products, or other refined grains, even if the packaging says “gluten-free.”
The underground tubers are usually richer in starch. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, red radishes, celery, and some of the types in the picture below are foods you should not consume much.
Some Low Carb menus still use sweet potatoes and whole grains. If you don’t have to lose weight quickly, you can still eat these. Beans and lentils are also relatively high in carbs but can still be eaten in moderation.
- Some fruits contain a large amount of sugar that you should not eat, such as grapes, bananas, mangoes, pears, pineapples …
Low Carb does not drink anything?
- Beer: Beer is made from fermented grain; you can imagine beer is bread in liquid form. Some types of beer with low carbs are often called “lite beer,” but carbs are still higher in alcohol.
- Other kinds of water: energy drink, soft drink, juice, milk tea …
Can Low Carb be used with diet drinks?
Currently, many manufacturers have created soft drinks for dieters with zero sugar and calories. However, they still contain other artificial sweeteners such as aspartame, sucralose, acesulfame K or stevia. These substances are unlikely to cause harm to your health or physique.
If you haven’t started to control your cravings at first, you can use these fluids. But it is best not to use and switch to healthier drinks.
Below are drinks with carbs increasing from left to right. The blue numbered ones are suitable for inclusion in the Low Carb menu.
Sample Low Carb menu in 1 week
First, check out this best Low Carb food to choose the items on your menu.
If you do not know what to eat at each meal, please refer to the following sample menu. This menu provides under 50g carbs per day. However, if you need health to be active, you should eat a little more carbs (sweet potatoes, cereals, oats …)
- Breakfast: Omelette with avocado or coconut oil, served with vegetables
- Lunch: Yogurt with blueberries and almonds
- Dinner: Cheeseburger with vegetables and salsa sauce
- Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
- Lunch: Hamburgers and vegetables
- Dinner: Salmon served with butter and vegetables
- Breakfast: Fried eggs with butter or coconut oil, served with vegetables
- Lunch: Salad of shrimp mixed with olive oil
- Dinner: Grilled chicken with vegetables
- Breakfast: Omelette with avocado or coconut oil, served with vegetables
- Lunch: Smoothie with coconut milk, almonds, and protein powder
- Dinner: Steak and vegetables
- Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
- Lunch: Chicken salad with olive oil
- Dinner: Pork ribs with vegetables
- Breakfast: Omelette and vegetables
- Lunch: Yogurt with berries and walnuts
- Dinner: Meatballs and vegetables
- Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
- Lunch: Berry smoothie, coconut milk, protein powder, some ice cream, and chocolate flavor
- Dinner: Grilled chicken wings and spinach
In addition to the holy low-carb diet, you should actively exercise and choose to buy additional pills to help reduce excess fat in the body.
List of the most nutritious low carb foods – 7 parts:
For each of the following foods, carbs will be calculated based on 100grams. From there, you absolutely can calculate the calories you have loaded for each meal.
Part 1 – Fish and seafood
Fish and seafood are the above healthy food groups because they contain extremely high vitamins and minerals. Especially the fish oil content is extremely terrible. All fish have no carbs.
Salmon is one of the very delicious, nutritious, and precious fish for human health.
It contains many vitamins B12, D3 … Many people like to eat salmon because it contains extremely high levels of omega-3 fatty acids.
Like much other fish, tuna is quite familiar to all of us. The nutritional content is unnecessary to discuss. Importantly, the fish is delicious and makes many nutritious dishes.
Sardines are the kind of fish you can absolutely eat, even the bones because the fish bones are soft if the stew is not necessary to criticize.
Sardines, however, can be considered nutritious fish. That is why so many people eat.
Shellfish such as clams, shellfish, snails, mussels … although rarely processed in daily meals, the nutritional value is not inferior to meats. That is why at least every week you buy yourself to eat.
Other types of fish and other low-carbs seafood
Part 2 – Vegetables
Most vegetables are shallow in carbs, most of which come from fiber. However, the carbs content in potatoes is extremely high.
Broccoli is considered one of the panaceas for health. Broccoli contains extremely high levels of vitamins and minerals.
Many scientists have shown that broccoli has the ability to fight cancer cells.
Tomatoes are classified as a fruit that contains high levels of vitamin C and healthy nutrients. That’s why every day you are advised to eat.
Onions are one of the most delicious and powerful spice groups to prepare a variety of dishes. They contain lots of fiber, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory agents …
4. Brussels sprouts
Brussels sprouts are extremely nutritious and are cousins of broccoli. It is rich in vitamins C and K.
Cauliflower is definitely one of the low-carb favorites of many people, especially boiled dishes. It contains a lot of vitamins C, K, and folate.
This is a trendy vegetable today, and many people are looking for it because of its high nutritional value. It contains a lot of fiber, vitamin C, K, and carotene. Besides, it contains many other compounds to protect health.
Eggplant is one of my father’s favorite foods. You can make things like stir fry an egg. Many people use eggplant because of its high fiber content, which helps you feel the full and full length.
Cucumber contains a lot of water, fiber, and vitamin K. That’s why it is listed as a weight-loss food.
9. Bell peppers
Bell peppers, or people also called Dalat peppers are very familiar spices. They contain extremely high amounts of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C.
Asparagus is one of the natural gifts because of its extremely high nutritional value. Asparagus itself is very expensive. It contains a lot of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and proteins.
This type of bean is prevalent, and many people choose to make their daily dishes. The nutritional content of beans is very high, containing many fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Mushrooms are a branch of the vegetable family and contain a lot of B vitamins and potassium. You will feel full of mushrooms.
Other low-carbs vegetables
Part 3 – Fruits and berries
Fruit actually contains not a small number of carbs, but it is not yet a competitor compared to other food groups. It is up to you.
Avocado is one of the great sources of nutrition that you should not ignore. It is low in carbs and rich in good fats. Besides, it is high in fiber and potassium.
2. Olive fruit
Every time anyone mentions olive, you probably think of a high-fat oil. It contains a lot of important vitamins and minerals.
If you’re looking for a king of antioxidants, look for strawberries. Extremely high nutrient content.
Grapefruit is one of the fruits rich in antioxidants, and vitamin C. Grapefruit also helps boost metabolism, burn fat better.
Apricots are a delicious, aromatic fruit high in vitamins and minerals.
Other low-carbs fruits
Part 4 – Nuts
Nuts contain minimal carbs but contain a lot of fiber, fat … Often, people use them as snacks.
Almonds have long been considered delicious and quality food. It is rich in fiber, vitamin E, and magnesium. These can be considered the most common and nutritious nuts.
This is a very delicious nut, contains a lot of extremely healthy fatty acids.
Peanuts are not only cheap but very popular. It contains extremely high nutritional content. That is why many people in the gym like to eat peanuts.
4. Chia seeds
Chia seeds are known as the healthiest seeds because they contain extremely high nutrients, helping to burn fat very well.
Other low-carbs nuts
- Macca seeds
Part 5 – Eggs and meats
Eggs and lean meats have almost no starch. Internal organs are carbs only. Therefore, you should actively supplement offline.
Eggs are one of the cheapest and best food groups globally, enjoyed by most people every week.
In eggs, whether chicken, duck, goose … all contain extremely high levels of nutrition, good for brain health, eyes …
Carbs: ~ 0
Beef is considered to be the best source of protein for the gym. Beef contains many important nutrients for health such as iron, vitamins …
In particular, the amount of excess fat is almost none. You can completely process a lot of delicious dishes from beef.
Lamb contains a lot of healthy nutritional values such as iron, vitamins, and minerals. Sheep mostly eat grass, contain a lot of healthy fatty acids, and support weight loss.
Chicken is known as the most popular meat. Not only does it appear year-round, but almost every meal is available.
The nutritional content is impeccable. Especially also provides more protein. If you are looking for a diet, do not hesitate to choose chicken.
5. Pork (bacon)
Pork is one of the popular dishes in Vietnamese meals. Meanwhile, bacon is a dish that is low in starch.
Unfortunately, bacon is processed food, so it is not good for you to eat a lot. Therefore, you should not eat offline!
6. Dried beef
Beef jerky is shredded and dried beef. As long as beef is dry without added sugar or other artificial ingredients, beef jerky is a low-carb snack you should try.
However, you should remember that processed beef should not be purchased. It is best to do it yourself and eat for yourself.
Other Low-carbs meats
Part 6 – Milk
Milk contains extremely high nutritional content and is very good for health.
Cheese or cheese is a food group that contains minimal carbs. Often people use it to accompany.
2. Heavy Cream snowflake
This dish is very few carbs. Often people eat with fruit to taste better.
Yogurt is high in fat. It contains many nutrients and probiotics benefits to help the digestive system work better.
4. Greek yogurt
If you are a foodie, you certainly know that this yogurt is very expensive. Simply because its nutritional and protein content is too high.
Part 7 – Cooking oil and fat
Cooking oil and fat plays a vital role in life.
Avocado contains extremely healthy fat content. What kind of butter should you choose?
2. Olive oil
Olive oil is considered to be one of the most expensive oils available today. You will have to spend a lot of money to buy it.
3. Coconut oil
Many people often ignore coconut oil but do not know that it is not inferior to olive oil.
Part 8 – Low-carb drinks
For people on a low carbs diet, any beverage without sugar can be used.
1. Filtered water
Filtered water is the source of life for the human body and cannot be replaced by other water types.
Coffee carries in itself an extremely high content of antioxidants, which enhances the metabolism, anti-aging skin …
If you are a fan of drinking tea, your health is definitely good.
4. Soda water
The soda water here is you choose the kind of mineral water without sugar.
5. Dark chocolate
This is a popular dish because it contains extremely high nutritional content.
Certainly, when cooking, you cannot ignore spices. However, do not add too much sugar.
Now add these low carb foods to your meal list.
14 High Carb Foods to AVOID On A Low Carb Diet:
So you have to understand what Low Carb is, its benefits, harms, and how to apply Low Carb for the safest and most effective. If you are looking to improve your physique, try this method.
- What To Eat Before And After Yoga For Weight Loss?
- What Foods To Eat to Lose Belly Fat?
- High Protein Vegetarian Foods For Bodybuilding
Hopefully, the information above has helped you gain some more knowledge about the “Low Carb Food List – Low Carb diet properly to ensure energy every day” and bring some small value. Please share this article if you feel it is useful. Thanks!