Morning is when the body can rest and is also the best and freshest time of the day; if you arrange a time to practice Yoga, this will be very beneficial for your health.
It is very effective to maintain the habit of practicing Yoga in the morning, to help balance hormones, increase metabolism, and prevent aches and pains.
Thanks to morning yoga practice, the body will be full of energy for a long day of study and work. So how to do morning yoga exercises?
What should be noted in each daily good morning yoga practice? Please refer to the information in the article below on Bellyfatzone: Morning yoga beginner: This will transform your body from today.
Why do morning yoga exercises?
Good morning. Yoga exercises help to balance our biological clock. Because the morning is the quietest time, the air is the freshest.
This is the best time to practice Yoga of the day, helping to awaken all the senses, physical bodies and energy. Morning yoga exercises help to regulate the body and train us with the necessary calmness and escape from thoughts and worries to enter a new day with a refreshing spirit.
1. Practicing Yoga in the morning helps the body stay young
Yoga will help you stay young and energetic. Yoga movements in an open space will slow down the ageing process of parts of the body such as the heart, liver, and kidneys; At the same time, it stimulates the body to produce many good hormones for the body such as serotonin, an endorphin that makes you always feel happy, happy and love life.
When the body and mind are always healthy, it will significantly impact the skin, helping to prevent acne and dark spots, making the skin bright, smooth and looking young, loving life every day.
2. Morning yoga practice boosts metabolism
Spending a little time on morning yoga exercises will help your metabolism in your body. And the body burns more calories. Practising Yoga in the morning also helps stabilize your metabolism right from the morning; this process will not be hindered for any reason during your long day.
Moreover, if your job is to sit at the office all day, the more you should practice Yoga in the morning to “warm up” the metabolism to work at its best. This not only helps you reduce fatigue but also minimizes the amount of fat accumulated in the body because it is not burned.
3. Morning yoga exercise is good for sleep and building healthy living habits for each person
When you wake up early, you can breathe fresh air, which is good for your brain, blood circulation and immune system; it makes you more alert, energetic and full of life. Keeping up with morning yoga exercises will help you get up early at the same time every day. From there, form the habit of going to bed early, and you will get enough and deeper sleep.
4. Morning yoga helps balance hormones and stabilize the body
In particular, morning yoga exercises profoundly impact the endocrine system to allow the endocrine glands to work in balance. When hormone regulation is stable, you also control your emotional states better to stay happy and optimistic, disease prevention and health promotion.
For those who are obese and want to lose weight, morning yoga for weight loss is very effective if you combine exercise and reasonable and scientific nutrition.
5. Morning yoga to synthesize energy and improve body strength
When you practice Yoga outdoors in the morning, it will provide oxygen and increase blood circulation. From there, your balance breathing promotes blood to the heart, go to feed the internal organs in the body and helps the body stay healthy and full of energy.
In addition, morning yoga exercises help the brain to be supplied with more oxygen and allow the spirit to be continually excited, happy, lucid and better focused. The body is always full of energy, the heart is always comfortable, and the eagerness to work and study is much more effective.
Top 8 best morning yoga exercises for the body
1. Mountain Pose – Foundational Yoga Exercises
The mountain is the foundation for all standing poses in Yoga. This pose will help you feel how the ground “sticks” under your feet. It may seem like just standing, but this pose is the foundation for a lot to come, so be patient.
How to do the exercise:
- Step 1: Stand straight, feet touching
- Step 2: Release 10 toes and press firmly into the ground
- Step 3: Hands down, open chest. Hold for 5-8 breaths.
2. Morning yoga exercise – Downward facing dog exercise
The downward-facing dog is an everyday essential yoga practice taught in most yoga classes. This pose stretches and strengthens the entire body. Practising this pose regularly will often keep you away from the hospital and the doctor.
Instructions on how to:
- Step 1: Start in a crawling position; raise your hips until your legs and arms are stretched forward
- Step 2: Hands are shoulder-width apart. Lower your shoulders and chest down, feet touching the floor, try to push back, and keep your arms and legs straight.
- Step 3: If the back thighs are too tight, let the knees drop. Try to straighten your arms and move them forward if necessary.
- Step 4: Hold the pose for 5-8 breaths
3. Plank pose – The familiar morning yoga exercise
The plank pose is a basic yoga pose that helps you learn how to balance your hands with the support of the whole body. This is a great pose to tone your abs and help you learn to breathe while balancing.
Proceed as follows :
- Step 1: Hands and feet touch the floor, arms are shoulder-width apart, feet are closed
- Step 2: Raise your heels so that your whole body is in a straight line from head to toe
- Step 3: Adjust the position of the lower abdomen and shoulders and hold the position for 8-10 breaths
4. Morning yoga exercise – Triangle pose
Triangle Pose is excellent for stretching the hips, expanding the lungs, strengthening the legs, and toning the entire body.
How to do the exercise
- Step 1: Stand up straight, feet wide apart, arms shoulder width apart
- Step 2: Right foot rotates at an angle of 90 degrees, and the left foot turns inward at 45 degrees. Place your right hand on your right ankle, and raise your left hand towards the ceiling so that your hands are in a straight line
- Step 3: Keep your arms straight in this position, eyes looking up towards the left fingers. Hold for 5-8 breaths. Switch sides and repeat this pose
5. Morning yoga practice tree pose
This is an excellent pose for beginners to learn to breathe while standing and to know how to balance on one leg.
Proceed as follows:
- Step 1: Stand straight, feet close together. Slowly raise the right leg against the inner thigh of the left leg
- Step 2: Join hands and look at a point before you. Hold for 8-10 breaths, then switch sides
- Step 3: Avoid letting the body lean towards the supporting leg while performing. Tighten your abs, relax your shoulders
6. Warrior pose – Morning yoga exercise increases flexibility
Doing this warrior one pose helps to increase the strength and endurance of the practitioner during a yoga practice. In addition, this pose also enables you to increase your confidence, stretch your hips, and strengthen your lower abs. It is a morning yoga exercise that we can apply and maintain daily to lose weight.
Here's how to do the exercise:
- Step 1: Stand up straight, take a significant action back with your left foot, and lower your left heel
- Step 2: Tilt your big toes about 75 degrees forward
- Step 3: Clasp your hands and put your hands over your head, eyes looking up, chest out. Hold the pose for five breaths
- Step 4: Step the left foot up and switch sides with the right foot.
7. Bridge Pose Exercise
This is a gentle backbend that helps stretch the abdominal and back muscles. Here's how to do the exercise:
- Step 1: Lie on your back with your legs hip-width apart
- Step 2: Slowly push your hips up, hands clasped together, or hands face down on the floor. Hold this pose for 8-10 breaths, then lower your hips and repeat twice.
- Step 3: Warrior Pose 2 works to help open up the inner thighs and the perineum area. This pose opens many other poses, such as the triangle, half-moon, etc.
8. Sitting forward bend yoga exercise
If you feel pain while exercising, stop. This pose helps stretch the hamstrings, lower back, upper back, and hips. If your back or legs are extended, regulate your breathing and gradually relax your body. You may not need to keep your knees straight; keep your feet touching.
Instructions on how to:
- Step 1: Sit in a position with your legs extended, hands at hip level
- Step 2: Inhale, bring your hands up, slowly exhale, lower your hands to touch your feet, bend your arms
- Step 3: When you feel a stretch in your hips, stop and hold the pose for 8-10 breaths
What to pay attention to when practising Yoga in the morning:
- A place to practice Yoga in the morning:
You can exercise indoors, outdoors, in the park or in the gym. Choose a place with open space and peace. Avoid yoga in the sun, cold wind or where many insects make it easy to lose focus.
- Workout accessories:
The addition of supporting items such as carpets. Straps and cushions will help you get into the movements easier. These accessories keep quite a lot for beginners, the elderly…
- Workout clothes:
When practising Yoga, you should choose simple and comfortable clothes. Because, during practice, you will move more quickly.
- Exercise sequence:
If you're a beginner to Yoga, familiarize yourself with Asana, followed by Pranayama and meditation. Asanas help you train physically, while Pranayama leans mentally to focus on meditation. Performing the exercises in sequence makes it easier to get into the movement.
- Eating before training
After a long sleep, the body needs nutrients to provide energy for activities. Have a snack 30 minutes before the practice session to ensure that it does not affect the stomach or cause discomfort during yoga practice in the morning.
Morning is the right time to exercise the body with yoga movements. According to health experts, 5 to 7 hours is the best time to practice Yoga in the morning.
A few gentle movements of morning yoga exercises will “wake up” your mind and body, helping you have more energy for a better day.
Please share if you like this article of Bellyfatzone, thanks!