Is Vitamin C Good for Gym? Yes! But the most important thing to be good for your body is to get the right amount.
When people need to increase the body’s resistance, people think of Vitamin C immediately, you can see this clearly whenever there is a complicated situation and where you ask to buy this vitamin are out of stock.
In addition, people also buy a variety of fruits that contain high levels of vitamin C such as lemon, grapefruit or other acidic soft drinks in the summer.
- But is this vitamin good for people who exercise?
- If good, how to use it appropriately?
Many experts have said that whether you want to lose fat or build muscle, or both, you also need vitamin C. How important is vitamin C for bodybuilders?
Find out about the benefits and ways to supplement this nutrient most effectively. Now BellyFatZone invite you to refer to this article together!
Vitamin C for bodybuilders: Why is it needed?
Everyone knows that besides exercise, nutrition should also be paid close attention.
However, most people only focus on protein if they need to increase muscle, green tea, CLA and L-Carnitine if they need to lose fat but ignore a great key of health and physique – vitamin C.
View more: Do Bodybuilders Need Multivitamins?
What is vitamin C?
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid or L-ascorbate, is an essential vitamin for the human body.
It’s one of the healthiest and most important vitamins you can get every day, and the first thing you think about when you catch a cold.
Vitamin C is water-soluble. Therefore, additional levels that the body does not use will be excreted in the urine within 24 hours.
Vitamin C is necessary for the normal functioning and development of the body. It helps with tissue growth and repair, antioxidants, protects cells, boosts the immune system, and fights disease.
Benefits of vitamin C for exercise
Everyone needs vitamin C. But if you are a bodybuilder, this nutrient is even more important. If you want to know why, read on.
1. Against the onslaught of free radicals
When you perform weight training sessions, free radicals are created in the body. Free radicals are basically metabolic wastes.
They will attack the cells in your body, cause aging, and many other dangerous diseases.
Vitamins are a powerful antioxidant, which prevents free radicals from forming and developing, while inhibiting their effects, helping to protect your health.
2. Gim produces cortisol
Stress from everyday life or exercise pressure triggers a catabolic hormone called cortisol.
Cortisol has a negative effect on fat loss and muscle building. It breaks down muscle tissue to create energy and stimulates fat storage, especially in the area around the stomach.
It also reduces muscle resilience after exercise, hindering the delivery of nutrients to muscle building.
Therefore, vitamin C inhibiting cortisol will be a great supportive solution for improving your physique.
3. Strengthen the immune system
Getting sick from workouts is definitely something no other can expect. During that time you will not be able to go to the gym, and the diet will be broken because you have to eat and drink to recover.
That’s why you have to take vitamin C regularly every day to increase resistance, fight the onset of disease. And of course, you don’t have to wait until you’re sick to take care of C.
4. Reduce muscle soreness
Research has shown that supplementing with vitamin C near a training session (ie before or after), muscles will not ache in the next few days even if you exercise at high intensity.
Try to experience the difference. Just a small convenient C pill and your muscle recovery process will be significantly more effective.
5. Increase iron absorption
Vitamin C has been shown to increase iron absorption. Iron is used to bind oxygen to hemoglobin in the blood, especially important if you want to perform a heavyweight training session with maximum productivity.
Besides, it is also essential for the overall health of each person.
6. Help create natural steroids
The final but not least of vitamin C’s effect is to help create natural anabolic substances in the body.
The amount of muscle you can build is based on the amount of natural steroid hormone you have. So the more steroids, the greater the likelihood of muscle growth.
Many people also find unsafe steroid supplements from outside, so why not produce them naturally and healthy?
If you ask bodybuilders if they should take vitamin C, the answer is definitely yes. It brings a lot of effects, but please use it in a moderate dose.
Signs of a vitamin C deficiency
- Dry hair and split ends
- Bleeding gums
- Dry, rough, scaly skin
- The wound heals for a long time
- Skin easy to bruise
- Weak enamel
- Swollen and sore joints
- Slow metabolism, slow weight loss or sometimes cause weight gain
- Lack of vitamin C for a long time can lead to scurvy – appear spots on the skin, pale skin, tired body, joint pain.
Sources of vitamin C for bodybuilders and bodybuilders
This vitamin is found in some natural foods like:
- Red Cabbage
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell peppers
- Brussels sprouts
In addition, if you feel that your meal is not really quality, you can supplement vitamin C through the form of an oral tablet, effervescent tablet.
Read more: Blackmores Multivitamin Review
How much vitamin C does a bodybuilder need?
All nutrients work best only if taken in moderate doses. This is the amount of vitamin C recommended by the FDA for each age group and gender.
1. Babies and children
- 0 – 6 months: 40 mg / day
- 7 – 12 months: 50 mg / day
- 1 – 3 years: 15 mg / day
- 4 – 8 years: 25 mg / day
- 9 – 13 years: 45 mg / day
- Female 14-18 years: 65 mg / day
- Men 14-18 years: 75 mg / day
- Men 19 and older: 90 mg / day
- Females age 19 and older: 75 mg / day
This dose does not apply to athletes and trainers because they need more vitamin C than inactive people.
For exercise, depending on the level of exercise that you should load at least 200-1,000 mg per day, but not exceeding 2,000-3,000 mg. If you are sick, you may need up to 8g daily during the illness.
Excess vitamin C for bodybuilders harmful?
In fact, you don’t need to worry about excess vitamin C, since it is a water-soluble substance, the excess will be released through urine or sweat.
However, do not so that taking too much C supplements, because it is not necessary and costly in vain. In addition, note:
- Do not take too much C at once, but break down into 2-3 doses in one day. You should not consume more than 1,000 mg at a time. For example, if you set a goal of taking 1,500 milligrams daily, divide it into three 500 mg doses: 1 dose in the morning, 1 dose before training, and 1 dose after training.
- Taking large doses of vitamin C at the same time can cause diarrhea, nausea, and sleep disorders.
Should fitness drink effervescent C?
In terms of nutritional value, effervescent C is better than filtered water, soft drinks or other energy drinks with high sugar content, so you can use it before or after exercising.
However, pay attention to the vitamin content in C tablets. Please choose the ones with high vitamin C content to ensure effectiveness.
In addition to C effervescent, the practitioner can also drink many other types of water.
In addition, you should supplement vitamin supplements for bodybuilders. These are products that provide micronutrients to the body and muscles.
So we understand how important vitamin C for bodybuilders is. Do not forget to get enough of your body through food or day or supplement pills with reasonable doses to support your exercise.
Listen to this article:
Hopefully, the information above has helped you to gain some more knowledge about “is vitamin c good for gym”, and bring some small value to you. Please share this article if you feel it useful. Thanks!
If you have useful additional information to help people, please comment below.
5 Best Selling Vitamin C Supplements:
Detailed features of Best Selling Products
Vitamin C by Nature's Bounty, Immune Support, Vitamin C 500mg, 250 Tablets
- Immune support: 250-count, 500 milligram Vitamin C Tablets for immune support. Vitamin C is one of the leading nutritional vitamins for immune support. People reach for Vitamin C by Nature’s Bounty to help them maintain a healthy immune system all year long.
- Nourishes the immune system: Nature’s Bounty Vitamin C Tablets play an important role in the functioning of white blood cells, which are vital components of the immune system.
- Potent antioxidant: Nature’s Bounty Vitamin C Tablets also support antioxidant health. Vitamin C is one of the best antioxidants for fighting the free radicals. Free radicals can cause oxidative stress that may lead to premature aging of the cells.
- Purity is our priority: Nature’s Bounty is committed to safety and purity in all our supplements. Our Vitamin C Tablets are non-GMO, gluten- and sugar-free, and contain no artificial colors, or sweeteners.
- From the trusted wellness experts: Nature’s Bounty Vitamin C supplements are a product of 50 years of dedication to quality, consistency and scientific research to make vitamins and nutritional supplements of unrivaled excellence.
Nutrivein Liposomal Vitamin C 1600mg - 180 Capsules - High Absorption Ascorbic Acid - Supports Immune System and Collagen Booster - Powerful Antioxidant High Dose Fat Soluble Supplement - Lypo Spheric
- ✔ HIGHEST AVAILABLE VITAMIN C FORMULA – Nutrivein Liposomal Vitamin C enhanced formula contains 1600mg of Liposomal Vitamin C per serving. With 180 vegetable capsules in each bottle for a full 90 day supply, our brand boasts the highest leading potency of Liposomal Vitamin C found on the market today. Utilizing the phospholipid sunflower lecithin to create liposomes helps the body more effectively absorb the vitamin C in our complex. Phosphatidylcholine helps to ensure superior absorption.
- ✔ IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT & FAT SOLUBLE VITAMIN C – Our vitamin c supplement is supportive of the immune system. Avoid having to take sick days off from work by taking these pills daily as a defense against getting sick. Our powerful combination of sunflower phospholipids (building blocks of cell membranes) and Vitamin C, creates the best antioxidant supplements that neutralize harmful free radicals caused by stress.
- ✔ GROUNDBREAKING HEALTH BENEFITS: Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) contains powerful antioxidant properties & helps protect against free radical damage. It supports the immune system, supports healthy brain function & cognition, supports cardiovascular & heart health, supports blood circulation, helps improve mood, contains anti-aging properties such as minimizing wrinkles, supports bone density, helps decrease muscle soreness, and helps increase absorption of calcium & iron.
- ✔ HEALTHY LIFESTYLE – Our advanced Liposomal Vit C formula is non-gmo, soy-free, gluten-free and dairy-free and is a Vitamin C formula based on Liposomal technology. It uses ascorbic acid & palmitic acid to create Ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble form of Vitamin C). When combined with a phospholipid such as sunflower lecithin (which is also part of the formula), the capsule creates a liposomal environment which allows for exceptional absorption and better health benefits.
- ✔ 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - If for any reason you aren’t fully satisfied, we'll refund your entire purchase with no hassles. We want to make sure that you are ordering with confidence and assurance. Our world-class customer service wants you to be SATISFIED with your purchase. Absolutely no risk. The bottle comes with our 100% satisfaction guarantee for 60 days. Buy in Bulk For Discounts, See "Special Offers And Promotions" section for details
Emergen-C Immune+ Vitamin C 1000mg Powder, Plus Vitamin D And Zinc (30 Count, Super Orange Flavor, 1 Month Supply), Immune Support Dietary Supplement Fizzy Drink Mix, Antioxidants & Electrolytes
- Includes 30 single-serving packets (0.33 oz. each) of Emergen-C Immune+ in Super Orange flavor
- An Enhanced Immune Support Formula with 1,000 mg of Vitamin C, plus Vitamin D and Zinc*
- Packed with more Vitamin C than 10 oranges(1) to support your immune system*
- Made with natural fruit flavors and sweeteners for a delicious Super Orange flavor vitamin mix
- Contains the Proprietary complex with Wellmune WGP beta-glucans and arabinogalactans
NOW Supplements, Vitamin C-1,000 with Rose Hips, Sustained Release, Antioxidant Protection*, 250 Tablets
- Sustained release: NOW Vitamin C-1000 was specially formulated to provide a sustained release of vitamin C, known for its vital role in the immune system
- With rose hips: Added source of vitamin C
- Certifications/classifications: Vegan/vegetarian, quality GMP assured, non-GMO, soy free, kosher
- GMP quality assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
Emergen-C 750mg Vitamin C Gummies for Adults, Immune Support Gummies with B Vitamins, Gluten Free, Orange, Tangerine and Raspberry Flavors - 63 Count
- Includes one bottle of 63 Emergen-C Original Formula Gummies in Orange, Tangerine & Raspberry flavors
- Delicious Emergen-C Gummies provide immune support with Vitamin C, and energy support from B Vitamins
- Convenient chewable gummy vitamins. Each bottle contains three refreshing flavors: Orange, Tangerine & Raspberry.
- Emergen-C Gummies with Vitamin C are gluten-free and vegetarian with no artificial sweeteners
- Convenient, on-the-go daily chewable gummy vitamins –no water needed
Wish you find your favorite product!