When you have decided to pursue a healthy body with a beautiful image, now the next thing we need to do is to pursue great nutrition and especially pure.
You are a sports practitioner, you probably know that only 30% is determined by your training and 70% is decided by diet, which determines your chances of success and ability to develop a maximum of your muscles as well as your visual beauty.
Therefore, you need to choose the right nutrition, to build muscle we cannot help but talk about whey protein.
However, how to choose whey protein on the market today there are many whey protein berries from many brands at different prices and the extraction process of these whey proteins is also different.
In this article, we will learn how to choose the right whey protein for your fitness level and cost and how to distinguish these whey types.
Its main use is to help:
- Brothers have a toned body, the muscles are rolling, making women fall in love
- Sisters have a toned S-shaped body, making them swoon in any circle
But oh oh, out there in the vast world, in the middle of the WHEY PROTEIN sea, there are thousands of scallops, how can I choose for myself the real WHEY:
- In accordance with the size?
- Matching with training goals?
- Affordable with money?
Always with you on the training path of your brothers and sisters, Bellyfatzone will guide you to find the whey that is right for you! Now BellyFatZone invite you to refer to this article together!
First of all, you need to know what is whey protein?
Whey Protein is a product made from the process of converting milk into cheese, providing the highest quality protein (also known as protein) compared to conventional foods.
Whey not only helps the body absorb and digest protein quickly but also replenishes the amino acid chains for maximum muscle maintenance and development. Besides, Whey also helps fight muscle loss and improves muscle recovery after exercise.
How many types of Whey Protein are there and how to choose them?
Currently, there are 4 main types of Whey Protein on the market, with advantages and disadvantages as well as different prices to meet the diverse needs of each person. As follows:
1. Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
This type of whey is the least undergoing treatment, so WPC also contains many impurities such as lactose, fat and protein content of about 85-90%.
- The cheapest price compared to other types is suitable for those who do not have abundant economic conditions
- Contains many beneficial microorganisms
- Not for everyone because WPC also contains lactose. More specifically, those who often have colic when drinking milk (lactose allergy) should not use this type because it easily causes diarrhea.
- High in fat may not be suitable for some people
- Protein is lower than other types
- Its ability to absorb into the body is slower
Objects of use
For those looking for whey that is economically priced and not lactose allergy-free I often choose to buy products of The Protein Works because of its unique taste. The packaging is also beautiful!
Whey Concentrate products with reasonable prices
2. Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
This is a more preeminent protein than WPC because more steps are filtered to remove impurities, completely free of lactose, and the fat and carbs content is also very low, only retaining the protein.
Therefore, WPI is considered to be a purer and “cleaner” Whey Protein – worthy of being the preferred type of Whey Protein by many people.
- Contains high-quality pure protein
- High protein content (90-95%)
- The ability to absorb into the body quickly, easy to digest
- Does not contain lactose, suitable for all users – Especially suitable for people who often have problems related to the digestive tract, stomach such as abdominal pain, diarrhea when using milk, stomach pain, …
- Low in fat and carbs suitable for dieters
- The price is relatively high (price comes with quality)
- In the process of filtering impurities also filter out some beneficial microorganisms
Objects of use
You are economical, want to use pure whey with high protein content, want to gain muscle fast. Whey Isolate is really suitable for everyone, especially for people with a lactose allergy.
IsoFlex contains up to 27g of top purity Protein
Also, if you’re a vegetarian, there’s no reason to skip the Organic Protein line.
In addition, if you are on a weight loss diet and want to use high-quality pure whey Isolate, you can choose a sugar-free, fat-free, lactose-free, and non-starch-free type of WPI.
The 90-tuned product line is a cheap product for students. Not only cheap but also good.
Iso-Cool is a type of Whey Isolate suitable for weight loss dieters.
3. Whey Protein Hydrolyzed (WPH)
This is a type of protein also known as Whey Peptides – the most carefully processed and filtered protein (completely removing impurities, hydrolyzed to separate protein macromolecules into smaller supermolecules to carry to the highest level of protein)
- Contains the purest protein content
- Highest protein content (more than 95%)
- Absorbs into the body fastest (due to the maximum chopped protein molecules)
- Does not contain lactose, suitable for all users – especially suitable for those who often have problems related to the digestive tract, stomach such as abdominal pain, diarrhea when using milk, stomach pain, …
- Low in fat and carbs suitable for dieters
- In addition to the highest cost due to the purest quality and unrivaled high protein content, almost no other disadvantage of WPH has been found.
Objects to use:
Along with Whey Isolate, if you have good economic conditions, want to use the purest whey and high protein content, want to gain muscle fast. Whey Hydrolyzed is really suitable for everyone, especially for people with a lactose allergy.
4. Whey Protein Blend
As its name implies, Whey Protein Blend is the most popular mixed whey and is used by the majority of brothers and sisters today.
This is the combination of 2-3 ingredients of Whey Protein, be it Whey Concentrate and Whey Isolate or Whey Concentrate and Whey Hydrolyzed. As an example, when you read the ingredients on a product you see on a label that says 80% Whey Isolate + 20% Whey Concentrate, this is Whey Protein Blend.
Read more: On Gold Standard 100 Whey Review
Since it is a blend, the price will vary depending on whether the product contains more Whey Isolate, Whey Hydrolyzed, or Whey Concentrate.
However, when it comes to quality, it is obvious to choose products containing more Whey Isolate or Whey Hydrolyzed than Whey Concentrate to buy.
To see the product’s ingredients, you can read more information printed on the label yourself.
At the ingredient label, which ingredient comes first is the main ingredient. For example, in the following picture, if the product states that Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate), Whey Isolate is the main ingredient contained in the product.
- Suitable for the budget of the majority of bodybuilders
- Good quality, relatively high protein content, and faster absorption than independent Whey Concentrate
- Diverse products, many price segments are easy to choose from
- Bring all the advantages of the Whey Blend (especially the whey with a higher percentage)
- Suitable for people with lactose allergy if Whey Blend contains Whey Isolate and Whey Hydrolyzed
- Not suitable for people with lactose allergy if Whey Blend contains Whey Concentrate
Objects of use
If you want to use whey with high quality and fast absorption, and want to gain muscle at an affordable price, Whey Protein Blend is a perfect choice.
Prostar 100% Whey Protein is the # 1 Hot Selling Whey Blend
Best Tasting Whey Protein is an “unmatched” whey blend.
Amount of product used
Digging deeper and deeper, when choosing Whey Protein, in addition, to see which WHEY PROTEIN SOURCE product belongs to (as analyzed above), PROTEIN ISSUE is also an important factor that should not be ignored.
To know this content, you need to read the ingredient parameters on the label, but to specify how many scoops 1 SERVING (1 DOSAGE) is (how many grams)
Bellyfatzone makes a table comparing the protein content between the following 4 products for you to understand. In order to provide accurate figures, two parameters we need to consider are:
- 1 serving contains how many grams
- The amount of protein will be generalized per 30 grams of product for homogenization
|Product||Image product||Ingredients table||Protein amount (per 30g product)|
|Allmax Nutrition IsoFlex||27|
|Prostar 100% Whey Protein 907g||25|
|Nitro Tech Performance Series 907g||19.5|
|100% Whey Gold Standard||23.6|
|Best Tasting Whey Protein 2.27kg||19.7|
From that can be seen: If you do not read carefully, many people will incorrectly identify NitroTech’s protein level as the highest up to 30g, much higher than Prostar 100% Whey Protein (25g).
This is the mistake that many people make when choosing whey without looking at the amount of protein/dosage.
Therefore, for an exact comparison, it is necessary to refer to the same number of grams. In my example, 30 grams
From the above comparison table, we get the following results:
|Product||Allmax Nutrition IsoFlex||Prostar 100% Whey Protein 907g||Nitro-Tech Performance Series 907g||100% Whey Gold Standard||Best Tasting Whey Protein 2.27kg|
|Protein content per 30gr product||27g||25g||19.5g||23.6g||19.7g|
Through the above useful information, Bellyfatzone hopes that you will choose the right Whey Protein line.
In addition, the formula to get the desired body is always fulfilled for athletes/bodybuilders, you need to remember “Achievement depends on 30% of training – 70% of nutrition”.
3 Top Tips for Picking Whey Protein Video:
*** Recommended: For people with gout (gut), you should not use Whey Protein. If you are having liver and kidney problems, before using it, you should consult your doctor for the right dose.
Hopefully, the information above has helped you to gain some more knowledge about “how to choose a quality whey protein”, and bring some small value to you. Please share this article if you feel it useful. Thanks!
If you have useful additional information to help people, please comment below.