A practice method that does not require any technical knowledge or initial good health to practice that the current method is for anyone of any age and even regardless of age.
The World Health Organization advises people to walk 10,000 steps a day, which is quite great and ideal for us to set a goal of passing, even though most people cannot walk 10,000 steps at a time days because there is not enough time for each person to walk.
However, we also admit that walking is a great thing and one way you can improve your overall health and aid in weight loss is fast walking.
With brisk walking, the intensity of exercise, as well as the ability to burn energy, will not be as much as running exercises or other cardio exercises, but this is an exercise suitable for everyone of all ages early until the elderly are not in as good shape as healthy people.
In this article, we will learn more about brisk walking that helps everyone lose weight effectively, and we can get started today without any knowledge or technique that must be prepared first.
Is walking to lose weight really an effective solution for those who are looking to improve their physique?
Many scientific studies have shown that walking helps you overcome weight problems and has many great benefits for your health.
However, many people reported that they walked a lot but did not lose weight. That is because they have not followed the correct method. Now BellyFatZone invites you to refer to this article together!
How to perform walking to lose weight properly and effectively?
Walking is also a form of exercise that drains energy. Gentle walking is also suitable for most people, from children to the elderly, people in weak health or not accustomed to sports.
The advice is to take some time to walk every day, because of its health effects.
Benefits of walking for health
- Gentle exercise like walking helps lower blood sugar levels, which prevents the risk of diabetes.
- Regulate blood pressure, control cholesterol in the blood, reduce 20-40% risk of stroke, 30% risk cardiovascular disease.
- Strengthens the calf muscles, good for people with venous insufficiency.
- Help the digestive system work more efficiently.
- Help strong bones, increase calcium absorption, limit osteoporosis, especially for the elderly.
- Improve mood, dispel stress, fatigue, combat anxiety, depression, and memory loss in the elderly.
- Strengthen the respiratory system, circulatory system.
- See also the article on the great effects of walking.
In the end, here’s the one you’re most concerned about: Does walking help with weight loss?
Can walking lose weight?
The principle of weight loss is that you increase the number of calories you burn to be higher than the calorie intake for each day. And walking is a calorie-free activity that should potentially help you lose fat.
Just like when you exercise or play sports, do whatever you do, the more calories you release, the more effective you will lose fat, provided that the calories you take in must be lower than that released calories.
View more: Best Waist Trainer for Lower Belly Fat
Factors that influence calorie burning
How many steps do you have to walk to lose weight? How many calories does walking reduce? There are many ways to calculate how much energy you burn while walking. Usually, it is affected by 3 factors:
- The length of the distance you travel
- The speed goes
- Weight and body height
How many calories does a 1-minute walk reduce?
The commonly used formula is:
Calories burned in 1 minute of walking = (0.035 x body weight) + [(speed ^ 2) / Height] x 0.029 x body weight.
Bodyweight in kilograms (kg), speed in km / h, height in meters (m).
For example, a man 1.6m tall, weighs 60kg, walks at 5km / h. So the calories that this person consumes calculated according to the above formula are 29 calories.
Thus, if you go continuously for 30 minutes at the same speed, this person will release up to 870 calories.
Usually, tall people with long strides spend fewer calories walking because they take fewer steps than short legs.
How many calories does a 10,000-step walk reduce?
- 100 calories = 2000 steps = 1.6km of travel
- 1kg = 7000 calories = 112km
The above formula means that if you want to lose 1kg, you have to walk 112km. Do not panic because you do not have to go continuously for 1 day. You maintain for about 2 weeks is just beautiful.
That is why you should aim to lose weight by 0.45 kg/week. Equivalent, you have to burn 3500 calories/week, that is, 500 calories/day.
This figure seems a lot simpler. To burn that energy, you need to take 10,000 steps = 3.2km per day.
How many steps to walk in 1 minute to lose weight effectively?
It is quite sad to report that if you go too slow or leisurely like a walk, the weight loss effect will not be high.
Therefore, you need to walk properly to lose weight by adjusting the speed accordingly. Specifically, a normal person walking at <70 paces/min will NOT EFFECT LEFT LOSS.
Depending on the health status of each person, there will be a suitable speed:
- People with cardiovascular disease, weak health: 71-90 steps / minute, 3-4km / h
- Normal health people: 91-110 steps / min, 4-5km / h
- People in need of weight loss: 111-130 steps/minute
You should equip yourself with a device capable of counting steps to know if your movement speed is reasonable or not.
How many walking sessions a week to lose fat?
- If you are a beginner, new to exercise, you should start walking 3 days a week, each session for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Then gradually increase the amount of time you exercise each day and the number of days per week, trying to increase it to 30-60 minutes every day of the week.
Some notes when walking to lose weight
- The secret to walking properly is to step evenly and distribute strength.
Start with slow, gentle steps for the first few minutes and increase your speed gradually. Keep the force just right to maintain it for a long time.
- The correct posture is to keep your chest and shoulders straight, not leaning forward or leaning back.
- Good times to walk: Early in the morning – kick-start the day while the air is fresh. Afternoon – from 15:00 to 19:00 is the best time to build muscle and is to be resilient. Evening – 1 to 1.5 hours after a meal is a good time to be active, stimulate the digestive system to function better, and release excess energy. You should not exercise too much after 9 pm because it can cause trouble sleeping.
- If you can afford it, you can buy yourself a treadmill at home, change jogging outdoors, indoors, or in the gym to avoid boredom.
- While exercising, you can listen to music, watch TV or chat with a runner. These seem to be simple but will create a very significant motivation in your weight loss exercise.
- Walking uphill helps you burn more energy than usual.
Who should not use the method of walking to lose weight?
The following people should consult their doctor if they want to walk to improve their health:
- People with bone and joint diseases: Polyarthritis, joint pain, rheumatism …
- People who have just recovered from trauma: Crack or fracture with new powder removal, dislocation, sprains, cartilage damage, ligament relaxation …
- People with vascular disease: varicose veins of lower extremities, thrombophlebitis – lower limb vein …
- People with kidney failure, kidney failure, cirrhosis, ascites, right heart failure …
Pedestrian diet for weight loss
In addition to working to burn energy, to make sure your fat loss plan is effective, you also need to take care of your calorie intake.
Cut calories from bad fats and carbs – these are the substances that cause you to accumulate excess fat.
Instead, eat enough protein, fortified with vitamins, minerals (especially calcium and iron), and fiber for a toned body.
If you go for intense walks and sweat a lot, don’t forget to add extra sodium and electrolytes to make up for the loss.
We have also prepared an article about the eat clean menu for people who need to lose weight. This article will explain in detail to you how to eat when combined with a lesson plan to lose fat!
Always drink enough fluids even if you don’t feel thirsty.
What Happens If You Walk (30 MIN PER DAY)
Besides, to speed up the rate of fat burning and weight loss, you can use more fat-burning pills for weight loss. Buying the Lipo 6 RX is always the right choice.
If you need to fix your fat but don’t know which method to start with, start with a weight loss walking plan.
Following the above-shared experiences, combined with healthy eating and activities, you get back in shape and see your health has improved significantly.
Hopefully, the information above has helped you gain some more knowledge about “how many km should I walk a day to lose belly fat” and bring some small value. Please share this article if you feel it useful. Thanks!