After giving birth, the weight problem is a problem that many women usually are overweight for health and breastfeeding.
However, a few people want to gain weight during giving birth and breastfeeding because everyone knows that when a mother is provided with enough nutrients, breast milk will provide enough nutrients for the baby to develop.
However, the number of mothers who need to gain weight after giving birth is minimal.
In this article, we will learn about an important issue that most mothers are concerned about: losing weight after giving birth at home.
Most people think that a mother needs to eat many nutrients to gain weight to get enough nutrients for breastfeeding, but breastmilk does not need so many nutrients as long as the mother is in good condition. Balanced health is completely possible to provide adequate nutrients for breastfeeding.
You can imagine this because after giving birth, the time spent taking care of and looking after the baby is so much, it can be said that it takes up all the time of the day, so there is no time for practicing in the rooms. Practice or go to sports centers.
Therefore, losing weight at home effectively and scientifically is essential for mothers.
Getting in shape after giving birth is the issue that is most concerned by many women. Are you bored with your rugged body, want to lose weight fast but are afraid of affecting your health and breastfeeding?
This concern is completely justified. Find out now about the following effective and safe postpartum weight loss methods. Now BellyFatZone invites you to refer to this article together!
18 Home Remedies For Weight Loss after Delivery
First, you must understand that postpartum women's health is not in the best condition as normal people.
Moreover, most women will go through breastfeeding, so it is necessary to be careful when applying diets or taking weight-loss drugs.
This harms your own health and adversely affects the quality of the milk that the baby breastfeeds.
The safest way to lose weight after giving birth is to combine 4 steps: mentally prepare, build proper nutrition, exercise, and change habits.
Read more: Top 10 Postpartum Weight Loss Meal Plan.
Part 1: Mentally prepare
Remember that the number 1 priority is still the mother's health and the baby's milk supply; no matter what method you use to lose weight, do not let the 2 above effect.
1. When to lose weight after giving birth
Weight loss should be made 2 months after the baby is born, so don't be too impatient.
During those 2 months, you need to maintain a healthy diet, limit junk foods high in added sugar, unhealthy preservatives.
2. Set reasonable weight loss goals
- After pregnancy and childbirth, the body becomes oversized than before; many mothers are shocked and want to lose weight after giving birth as quickly as possible. However, you should set yourself moderate, within your reachable, and fit for your condition. The safe and effective postpartum weight loss without affecting milk quality is 0.7 kg/week.
- The sudden weight loss is not only detrimental to your health but also easily stresses you. Being born and raising a baby is already too much pressure, don't torture yourself with unscientific fasting methods.
- Even for the average person, rapid weight loss is not good because there is a high chance that you can only lose the water and muscle that is not much. After only a short time, you will be forced to recharge your body, and your weight will increase again. Your goal is to lose fat, but losing fat takes time, so it's still better to slow down.
3. Methods that should not be applied
During the postnatal weight loss process, mothers should absolutely not use fast weight-loss drugs or fasting fat loss.
You should also not apply the current emerging diet methods such as Low Carb, DAS, detox drinks because they are only for normal people who are not pregnant or have children.
These methods will reduce or no longer provide sufficient nutrition for the baby.
4. Always be patient
- Ordinary people who want to lose weight have to be very persistent; for mothers, this process is slower, so the more you need to be calm, avoid impatience, do not give up without seeing results. Let's define this as a long-term process.
- In the first few weeks when you start your postpartum weight loss plan, you will see your kilograms lose quite quickly, but there will be times when the weight stops, not “smoothly” forever.
- If possible, you can find a private PT or a nutrition consultant if you want to regain a beautiful body before quickly. If not, you should learn carefully, learn from other people's experiences but be selective.
- When you are breastfeeding, your breasts will carry 1.35kg more breast tissue than the average person.
Part 2: Building a smart diet
What to eat, what to abstain from, and how much to eat are questions you cannot avoid when applying postnatal weight loss methods.
1. Every 3 hours there is 1 meal
- Do you think so is eating a lot? No, this is just a method of eating divided into several small meals a day. Eating evenly throughout the day prevents you from feeling hungry or tired and makes it easier to control your calorie intake.
- A lactating woman needs at least 1500-1800 calories per day to ensure milk supply and energy to function properly. Regular breastfeeding has helped you burn 300-500 calories per day, so you do not need to be too strict with calories.
2. Eat selective foods
It is not just about how much you eat, but also what. What to eat after giving birth? To eat enough nutrients without being fat, you should choose foods rich in the following groups of substances:
- Protein-rich foods: Meat, fish, eggs, milk, legumes, and whole grains … Protein plays many important roles, helping the body to be healthy, firm, weight loss after birth without losing milk.
- Foods that are rich in calcium: Seafood, egg yolks, non-fat cheese, yogurt, soybeans … Calcium will increase the quality of breast milk and compensate for the amount of calcium in the bones that the mother loses when breastfeeding.
- Iron-rich foods: Meat, fish, cereals, green vegetables …
- Foods rich in good fats: Omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil or flaxseeds will help your baby develop brain and eyes.
3. Which foods should be limited
- Fast foods, processed foods, packaged and frozen foods are rich in preservatives that make it easier for you to gain weight and cause your body to accumulate excess substances, not improving the quality of milk.
- Limit junk foods high in added sugar.
- Limit too much salt and spices in postpartum weight loss meals.
- Reduce fat calories to less than 20-25% of your overall calories, increasing your calories from protein instead.
- Do not use caffeinated beverages.
4. Bring healthy snacks
Busy mothers should bring healthy snacks to make snacks such as dried nuts, fresh fruit, or low-sugar dried fruit.
You will no longer have to search for greasy and sugary foods and huge calories. Women can apply more menu to eating clean to lose weight.
This is the best diet. Finally, women should see more articles about pregnant mothers' menu to lose weight after giving birth.
5. Always drink enough water
Water is an important ingredient in the milk-making process. Drinking plenty of water also helps you feel full and has no appetite, purifies the body, and increases energy-burning efficiency.
In addition to regular filtered water, you can drink milk, brown rice tea, lotus tea, ginger tea, and juice. Do not drink carbonated soft drinks or alcoholic beverages.
Part 3: Exercise to lose weight after giving birth
Exercise is an indispensable part if you want to have a slim, toned body. After giving birth, mothers have limited health and time, so please note the following tips.
Read more: Postpartum Belly Exercises Help Reduce Safety Efficiency Measurements.
1. Take advantage of movement anytime, anywhere
Staying at home with kids doesn't mean you can't burn calories. You can use a strap or push a cart for your child to go around indoors or around the house.
2. Don't miss out on cardio
Cardio is a simple postpartum weight loss exercise with the fastest results. When you have time, go for a light walk or jog to drain your energy.
However, do not train to exhaustion or exhaustion; always pay attention to the body's endurance.
3. Go back to weight training
- The gym not only strengthens muscles but also burns a relatively large number of calories. By choosing the right weight exercises, you will lose fat quite quickly and have a more beautiful and attractive body.
- How long will it take to exercise after birth? About 3 months after giving birth, you can return to gentle exercise. However, women who have a cesarean section will take about 4 months or possibly longer depending on the incision state.
- Start with light weights and gradually increase as much as you want if you exercise and find that your breasts are irritated or your milk glands are clogged, pause for a while.
- You should see the article about the fitness schedule for women in 1 week.
4. Abdominal exercises to have a slim waistline
- The part most affected after childbirth is probably the abdomen. Many women even feel panic when looking at their second circle in front of the mirror. Losing belly fat after giving birth is something that every mother is particularly interested in.
- You can do yoga, pilates, and plank so that your belly is flat and smaller. However, the reduction of belly fat or not depends on eating and exercising the whole body.
- Do not exercise too much or too hard as this can cause bloating.
5. What to prepare for the training session?
Should breastfeed before training to focus, avoid being disturbed in the middle.
Drink enough fluids before, during, and after exercise so that your body doesn't get dehydrated.
Wear a sports bra to support, reduce friction, and not discomfort during exercise. The shirt should fit the body, not too wide or too tight.
Part 4: Create good habits
Not only exercise but also living and resting regimes affect whether you gain or lose weight.
1. Get enough sleep
- Getting enough sleep and staying mentally comfortable is essential for losing weight after giving birth at home. However, few mothers can take care of their sleep because they are fussy and cry all night. Try to share your work with your husband. You can pump the milk ready and ask your husband to breastfeed to take advantage of the extra sleep at night.
- Do not drink caffeinated drinks or foods, especially 6 hours before bed. Stay away from electronic devices before bedtime, keep the bedroom quiet and cool.
2. Keep yourself at ease
When you are stressed and stressed, the body will produce more fat accumulators and rapid weight gain. N
If you are tired, share with your husband, relatives, friends, or other sisters in the mother's group.
Being with other breastfeeding moms helps you relieve stress and learns about caring for your baby.
3. Track weight loss progress
- Regularly re-weigh and keep track of your weight with a notebook or app to see if you are fulfilling your goals.
- It would help if you chose a fixed time of the day to check your weight.
4. Losing weight after giving birth through breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is considered the most natural way to lose weight, helping you to burn 300-500 calories per day, the equivalent of cutting down on a snack or exercising for 45-60 minutes.
According to the survey, women who exclusively breastfeed their babies in the first 3 months often lose more than 1.5 kg compared to those who breastfeed their babies.
Breastfeeding mothers are also 6% more likely to restore their original weight than others, significantly lower body fat.
Besides, breastfeeding also brings many health benefits for young children. Benefit both lines.
10 Effective Tips to Lose Weight After Pregnancy Video:
Following 18 ways to lose weight after giving birth as mentioned above will ensure mother and baby's health and still help mothers quickly tidy up like before.
Besides, if you see unusual signs, it's best to see your doctor for an examination.
- Meal Plan For A Sedentary Office Worker Does Not Gain Weight And Keeps You Energized
- List of High-Calorie Foods to Gain Weight For You
- Hiit Cardio Routine For Fat Loss – 30 day hiit workout for beginners
Hopefully, the information above has helped you gain some more knowledge about “home remedies for weight loss after delivery” and bring some small value. Please share this article if you feel it is useful. Thanks!