Nutrition as bed accounts for 70% of our health; of course, they substantially impact each person's weight; in this article, Bellyfatzone invites you to learn about brown rice: Brown rice good for losing weight: When you use it right
Eating brown rice for weight loss has excellent fat-loss effects and is widely used in the diet. Brown rice has twice the fiber content as regular rice, providing a feeling of fullness for a long time, and limiting the need for calorie consumption.
It not only helps to lose fat effectively, but brown rice also helps reduce the risk of diabetes, is good for the digestive system, heart, bones, and joints, and improves liver function.
If you are starting a slimming diet with brown rice for the first time, you should start building a 1-week diet and be flexible in processing brown rice into many different dishes to increase the taste.
Eating brown rice to lose weight effectively lose weight?
Eating brown rice for weight loss is highly effective because brown rice (steamed rice, flip rice) is a food belonging to the whole grain group, rich in nutrients and fiber. Brown rice can reduce appetite and block calorie absorption, helping you curb hunger.
1 bowl of brown rice (158g) is estimated to have about 3.5g of fiber, while 1 cup of white rice, less than 1g. A study by the US Institutes of Health on 74,000 women found that those who ate the brownest rice and fiber were 49 percent less likely to gain weight than those who ate less brown rice.
In another study in India, 40 overweight people who followed a brown rice diet of about 150g/day lost 1-3kg weight in 30 people and reduced their waist circumference by 2-4cm.
Eating brown rice can control blood sugar well after each meal. The activities of the hormone insulin are promoted to grow stronger, limiting the accumulation of fat in the liver and abdomen, waist, and thighs …
To lose a lot of weight quickly, you need to build a scientific brown rice diet combined with physical exercise to lose weight better.
What types of brown rice are suitable for the diet?
4 types of brown rice are suitable for the diet: plain brown rice, brown rice, red brown rice, and black, brown rice.
Brown rice is a common type used a lot because it is easy to eat and suits many people's tastes. Brown rice is tiny in size, has a sticky texture when cooked, and contains three times more fiber and protein than white rice, providing a feeling of fullness longer than usual.
In brown rice, some abundant vitamins and minerals help burn energy effectively, prevent the risk of fat accumulation and limit cardiovascular problems.
For each meal, you should eat about ½ bowl of brown rice, do not abuse too much, causing bloating, and affecting the digestive process.
Brown rice is commonly used in many people's diets. The calorie content of brown rice is the lowest of the four types of brown rice; it contains about 110 calories per 100g of rice. Rice also contains 30 times more antioxidants than regular white rice.
The characteristic of brown rice is that the grain is tapered, and when cooked, it has a fleshy and fragrant taste. The cooking time is quite long, about 45 minutes, and you can eat it with other dishes such as boiled meat, vegetables… without worrying about gaining weight.
Red-brown rice has a large, round, red-brown grain size, quite flexible when cooked. Red-brown rice contains many healthy nutrients such as Vitamins A, B1, fiber, and lipids … very suitable for vegetarians, people with diabetes, and the elderly …
100g of red brown rice contains about 110.9 calories, which is very suitable for the diet while helping protect the intestinal tract and and preventing chronic diseases.
Black, brown rice
Black, brown rice was very popular with ancient Chinese emperors. Dark brown rice grains, when ripe, turn purple. Black, brown rice contains the most antioxidants compared to the other three types of brown rice.
Black, brown rice contains anthocyanins that help prevent cancer cells with more than 18 types of amino acids, bring energy balance and, support effective metabolism, reduce excess fat accumulation in the body.
A bowl of cooked brown rice contains about 346 calories and has a rich, fatty taste. To use black rice in your diet plan, you need to build a suitable diet.
Is brown rice good to eat? Health benefits of brown rice
Eating brown rice brings sound health effects such as: Reducing the risk of diabetes, is good for the heart, bones, and joints, improves liver function, is suitable for the digestive system and has a practical antioxidant effect.
Eating brown rice is good for the heart.
Brown rice contains an abundant amount of fiber, which is beneficial for repelling cardiovascular diseases. The antioxidants and vitamins found in brown rice also play an essential role in protecting the walls of blood vessels.
More than 45 studies in the United States showed that the risk of cardiovascular disease of people who eat a lot of brown rice is 21% lower than that of people who eat less brown rice.
Brown rice also contains lignans that help control cholesterol, prevent high blood pressure, and reduce the hardening of the arteries.
Thanks to being rich in magnesium, brown rice help the heart contract rhythmically, and is a healthy barrier to protect the heart muscle, preventing the risk of heart failure and stroke.
Reduce the risk of diabetes
WWhole rice has a glycemic index (GI) of 10 to 15 units lower than white rice, helps digestion longer, suppresses cravings, and and does not suddenly increase blood sugar levels.
Researchers in the UK said that when swapping white rice for brown rice, about 50g/week, there was a 16% reduction in the risk of diabetes in the elderly. In particular, fiber, starch, and nutrients from brown rice help promote the growth of Lactobacillus bacteria in the intestinal tract, effectively preventing diabetes.
Improve liver function
Vitamin B in brown rice helps to strengthen the liver's health, avoid fat accumulation, and support detoxification, eliminating excess substances in the body quickly.
Eating brown rice for weight loss is suitable for the digestive system
Brown rice contains nutrients and fiber, helps regulate the intestines, savoids indigestion and and bloating, reduces the risk of colitis, and ensures a robust digestive system. At the same time, eating brown rice for weight loss also helps bind cholesterol in the digestive system and effectively expels it.
Eat brown rice to lose weight with antioxidants.
The active antioxidant substances when eating brown rice help to reverse the risk of cancer cells in the body. The vitamin E in brown rice also prevents the deficiency and breakdown of collagen, giving the skin full vitality.
Good for joints
Brown rice has calcium and magnesium, so it works to maintain bone health, and prevent osteoporosis, and rheumatism at all ages.
If you have symptoms such as Back pain, and joint fatigue … you should switch to eating brown rice to improve.
Why eating brown rice helps to lose weight effectively?
Because brown rice contains more nutritional components than white rice and suppresses appetite, helping you to feel full for a long time.
100 grams of plain brown rice contains 121 calories, brown rice contains 110 calories, and red-brown rice contains 110.9 calories with fiber and vitamins and minerals such as Magnesium, manganese, selenium, and antioxidants, helping to comprehensive health protection and prevention of obesity.
The Alpha lipoic acid in brown rice helps metabolize hydrocarbons and fats in the body, eliminates the risk of excess fat accumulation, stabilizes blood sugar, and helps the skin not to sag after regaining shape.
Not only does it reduce calorie absorption, promote calorie-burning thanks to its high fiber content, but it also has the effect of protecting the heart, preventing diabetes, and improving the digestive system.
When eating brown rice to lose weight, you will find that your body is light, and healthy and your digestive system works better. Body measurements also improve positively when you combine the scientific brown rice diet.
How to cook brown rice dishes that effectively support weight loss
There are many ways to prepare brown rice to support effective weight loss and help your diet menu be more diverse. You can prepare it by cooking brown rice, making brown rice flour, brown rice tea, cooking vermicelli, brown rice milk, or making brown rice cakes.
How to cook simple brown rice
Cook brown rice cooker rice cooker
Because brown rice is more complex and takes longer to cook than regular rice, you need to know how to cook it as follows:
– Step 1: Wash the rice clean, and soak it in warm water for about 45 minutes to make the rice grains more flexible and softer when cooking.
– Step 2: Add water and rice in a ratio of 2:1, add a little salt and then press the button to cook rice.
– Step 3: When the rice is cooked, incubate the rice in the pot for about 10-15 minutes so that the rice is cooked evenly and softer.
– Step 4: Stir up the rice and enjoy the main meal.
Cook brown rice in a regular pot
Using a regular pot to cook brown rice will be more complicated than an electric rice cooker; you do it in the following way:
Step 1: Wash brown rice and soak it in warm water for about 45 minutes.
– Step 2: Put rice in a pot, pour water twice the amount of rice, and bring to a boil over high heat.
– Step 3: When the rice is boiling, open the lid and eat the rice quickly and evenly, avoiding all the heat. Then, cover the pot, adjust the heat to low, and wait for the water to dry.
– Step 4: When the rice is near the main, let it low heat for 3-5 minutes,, turn off the heat, incubate the rice on the stove for about 10 minutes, and then enjoy.
How to make brown rice flour to improve body shape
Processing brown rice flour helps to lose weight effectively and helps to store the nutrients and vitamins needed by the body fully. You can use brown rice flour mixed with water to drink or eat as porridge.
Step 1: Pick up the grit and then wash the brown rice, don't rub it too hard to keep the nutrients intact. You drain the water and then dry the rice in the sun. It should be dried on a clean surface to avoid dust clinging to the rice.
Step 2: When the rice is dry, divide it into batches to cook the rice evenly, smell the aroma, and then turn off the stove.
Step 3: After the brown rice is roasted, let it cool. Then, put the brown rice in the blender. Use a sieve to filter the fine powder.
Step 4: Put brown rice flour into a clean glass bottle, close the lid tightly and store it in a dry place or the refrigerator.
How to make brown rice tea with black beans to lose weight
Brown rice tea with black beans is a refreshing drink, providing high fiber content, effective weight control, and essential vitamins and minerals for the body.
Step 1: Roast the brown rice over low heat until the rice expands and smells fragrant. Then you roast the black beans just like brown rice.
– Step 2: When the black beans are cooked, put the black beans and brown rice in the pot, and add 1 liter of water to boil. After 10 minutes, the water turns reddish brown; you turn off the heat and incubate for another 5-10 minutes to let the tea infuse and cool down.
Step 3: Use a sieve to filter the tea and enjoy. You can drink it cold for a better taste.
How to cook brown rice noodles to reduce calories
If you are too bored with brown rice, then vermicelli from brown rice is a delicious dish and helps your diet menu be more diverse.
– Step 1: Buy brown rice noodles at the market, and prepare olive oil, your favorite vegetables, and spices.
– Step 2: Soak brown rice vermicelli in clean water for about 30 minutes to make the vermicelli expand and soften, then take out the basket, and drain.
Step 3: Prepare the vegetables you have prepared, and then add the brown rice vermicelli and stir-fry simultaneously. You add olive oil to enhance the taste.
– Step 4: Add seasoning to taste and put in a bowl to enjoy when the dish is cooked.
How to cook brown rice cake to lose weight
To make the diet menu not monotonous, you can process brown rice into weight-loss cakes. Brown rice cake is very suitable for afternoon snacks or eating before exercise to help you fill your stomach, and avoid falling into a state of fatigue and exhaustion.
– Step 1: Cook brown rice, then let it cool and put it in the blender with a bit of water.
– Step 2: Put the rice that has just been milled into a bowl, add flour and brown sugar and knead well.
– Step 3: Shape into a flat round cake with a size of the cake just enough to eat.
Step 4: Take a pan and add olive oil; heat it. Then you fry the cake evenly with low heat, or you can cook the cake without oil by pan-frying.
How to cook reduced-fat brown rice milk
Brown rice milk is a highly familiar drink for people with weight loss people. Processing brown rice into milk will have a delicious taste, easy to drink but still supplement the necessary nutrients for the body and increase the effectiveness of weight loss.
Step 1: Roast brown rice with low heat until fragrant.
– Step 2: Add water to cook the rice and then simmer until the rice is soft and turn off the heat.
– Step 3: Let the brown rice cool, put it in the blender and then use a sieve to filter out the clear water, removing the residue.
– Step 4: Put filtered brown rice water on the stove, bring to a boil, then add fresh milk, boil for another 5 minutes and turn off the stove.
Note: You can drink it hot or store it in the refrigerator to drink it better.
Safe and effective weight loss menu made from brown rice
When building a menu to eat brown rice to lose weight, you must ensure the following principles: Limit starch, and sugar, and add vitamins and fiber. If you are starting to lose weight with brown rice, apply a 1-week menu, lose weight with brown rice noodles, drink rice flour for two weeks and lose weight with brown rice with sesame salt.
Slimming menu with brown rice for one week
Applying brown rice to lose weight in the first week will help you get used to the diet, and support effective weight loss.
– Morning: Brown rice porridge with carrots and potatoes, skim milk (200ml).
– Snack: 1 Apple
Lunch: 1 bowl of brown rice, fried chicken breast with bell peppers, boiled cauliflower
– Snack: 1 boiled sweet potato
– Dinner: a bowl of brown rice, pumpkin soup with minced meat
– Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, Yakult yogurt
– Snack: 1 Apple or one orange
Lunch: 1 bowl of brown rice, boiled chayote, sauteed lean pork with mushrooms
– Snack: Potatoes
– Evening: Vegetable salad, 1 cup of apple juice
– Morning: Ginger honey detox water (200ml), bread with margarine.
Snack: Cashews or peanuts
– Lunch: a bowl of steamed rice, fried egg, and bone broth
Snack: 1 banana or one pear
– Dinner: Vegetable salad, one boiled potato, 1 cup of warm milk with low sugar
– Morning: Brown rice milk, one steamed potato
Snack: 1 banana
Lunch: 1 bowl of brown rice, boiled vegetables, steamed fish
– Snack: Peanuts
– Dinner: Rice noodles cooked with minced meat, watermelon
– Morning: Egg sandwich with vegetables, 1 cup of avocado smoothie
– Snack: Cashew nuts
Lunch: a bowl of white rice, one boiled egg, stir-fried vegetables
– Snack: 1 boiled sweet potato
– Dinner: Brown rice vermicelli with sprouts, one orange
– Morning: Beef noodle soup, 1 cup of brown rice water
Snack: 1 apple
Lunch: a bowl of sticky rice with sesame seeds, boiled vegetables
– Snack: Grapefruit juice
– Dinner: Salad with roasted sesame sauce, fried cauliflower
– Morning: Corn mushroom brown rice soup, 1 cup of fresh milk without sugar
Snack: 1 apple
Lunch: ½ bowl of brown rice, boiled chicken with pumpkin soup
– Snack: Unsweetened/low-sugar yogurt
– Dinner: 1 bowl of steamed rice, braised fish, boiled vegetables, one piece of pineapple
Effective weight loss menu with eating clean brown rice vermicelli
You can change brown rice to brown rice vermicelli to lose weight. With 100g of vermicelli containing 310 calories, it is easy to eat, prepare,, and tastes good to many people.
Some ways to cook delicious brown rice noodles that you can refer to:
Stir-fried brown rice vermicelli with chicken breast
Ingredients: Dried brown rice vermicelli, 80g chicken breast, ½ carrot, vegetables, cauliflower, scallions, fried beans, spices (fish sauce, soy sauce, salt, olive oil).
– Step 1: Boil chicken breast and tear it into strands. Use chicken breast broth to blanch the noodles.
Step 2: Take out the vermicelli, and drain the water after boiling for about 1 minute.
– Step 3: Wash the ingredients: Carrots, cauliflower, and vegetables, and then fry the beans.
– Step 4: Put olive oil in the pan, stir-fry the vegetable mixture, and then add brown rice vermicelli to the island continuously.
– Step 5: Add fried beans, chicken breast, and seasoning to taste.
Step 6: Turn off the stove when cooked and enjoy immediately.
Brown rice crab vermicelli
Ingredients: 100-200gr brown rice, 1kg crab, 100gr beef, two tomatoes, red onion, green onion, tofu, vegetables such as bean sprouts, coriander, perilla, lettuce, spices flavors (oil, fish sauce, salt, satay…)
Step 1: Wash the prepared ingredients.
– Step 2: Peel off the crab shell to get bricks, and crushed crab shells. Then filter through a sieve, and get the essence. Filter about 2-3 times until only hard shell residue remains.
– Step 3: Crab juice simmer; add salt. When boiling the water, use a spoon to scoop out the crab sauce into a bowl and season the broth to taste.
– Step 4: Fry the beans, peel the onions, chop the tomatoes… Put the pan on the stove, add one tablespoon of olive oil, and saute the red onions, and tomatoes with fish sauce.
Step 5: Pour in crab juice. Wait for the water to boil, and put the ingredients: beans, vermicelli, meat removed, and green onions into the pot.
– Step 6: Turn off the stove, bring it to a bowl, and enjoy.
Perfect weight loss menu with sesame salt brown rice
Brown rice with sesame salt is the ideal combo to lose weight and help improve beautiful skin. Processing is as follows:
– Step 1: Cook brown rice and roast sesame in a hot pan.
– Step 2: Use a mortar to pound sesame seeds, and add a little salt. Then you sprinkle sesame salt on the bowl of brown rice, served with boiled meat, and delicious green vegetables.
Note: You can add sesame salted brown rice to the lunch or dinner menu, about 2-3 meals a week.
Drink brown rice powder to lose weight fast in 2 weeks
Not only processing brown rice into nutritious dishes, but you can also drink brown rice flour to support weight loss, detoxify, and clear heat effectively.
Use roasted brown rice flour.
Roasted brown rice flour can be easily found at the market. Brown rice water from roasted brown rice flour can be drunk hot or cold; both have the same effect.
The right time to drink roasted brown rice water is after breakfast, about 30 minutes.
Mix roasted brown rice flour with black sesame
Roasted brown rice flour with black sesame is the perfect combination to help eliminate excess fat.
Preparation is as follows:
– Step 1: Put 2 tablespoons of roasted brown rice flour in a cup + 1 teaspoon of black sesame + 300ml of hot water.
Step 2: Stir the mixture well and enjoy it while it is still warm.
Note: It is recommended to drink roasted brown rice powder with black sesame in the morning continuously for two weeks to see the fat loss effect clearly.
Helpful weight loss experience with brown rice
To effectively lose weight with brown rice, you need to know some experiences, such as: Choosing the correct type of brown rice to lose weight, processing it correctly, and eating it correct to lose weight effectively.
How to choose brown rice to reduce fat
Each type of brown rice has its nutritional value and is suitable for each purpose. If you eat brown rice to lose weight, you should refer to the following rice options:
– Prioritize choosing brown rice or consult with nutritionists or experienced people.
– Choose brown rice grains that are stretchy, not moldy, and have no bad smell.
– Do not buy brown rice sold at a low price online because it may be of poor quality, and containing toxic substances.
How to cook brown rice properly to lose weight
According to experts, the correct way to cook brown rice is as follows:
– Step 1: Wash brown rice gently and then soak the rice with warm water for about 1-2 hours to remove arsenic in the rice and other substances that cause indigestion, making the rice softer, easier to cook, and easier to eat.
– Step 2: Measure the water to cook rice with a ratio of 2:1 (based on the amount of brown rice before soaking) to avoid the rice being mushy.
Step 3: When you put the rice in the pot, add a little salt to cook with. When the rice boils and switches to reheat mode, wait 15-30 minutes for the rice to cook evenly, and then enjoy.
Eating brown rice properly helps to lose weight effectively
Unlike white rice, when eating brown rice to lose weight, you need the following:
Eat slowly and chew thoroughly to reduce pressure on the digestive system because brown rice is usually firmer than white rice.
– Should combine brown rice with other foods to supplement nutrition for the body, avoiding boredom. Just ensure total calories from 900 – 1200 calories/day.
– Combine eating brown rice with an exercise regime to reduce the rate of fat accumulation.
During the brown rice diet, you shouldn't stay up late; you need to get enough sleep on time.
Some notes when eating brown rice to support safe, long-term weight loss
How much should brown rice be eaten? When losing weight with brown rice, you need to know who should not eat brown rice and how to properly store it.
How much should brown rice be eaten to support weight loss?
Should eat brown rice 3-5 meals/week to lose weight effectively. Do not overdo brown rice will cause bloating, and indigestion. Because brown rice is low in fat and protein, if used continuously for a long time, it will cause some adverse effects such as low blood pressure, hormonal disorders, and premature aging …
Who should not eat brown rice to lose weight?
People who should not eat brown rice lose weight:
– People with digestive disorders, and malnutrition.
– People with kidney disease, gastritis, colitis …
– Women who are pregnant or have just given birth and are breastfeeding.
– People who have just undergone surgery, medical treatment, or just woke up.
Are you storing brown rice properly?
The proper ways of preserving brown rice will not lose its nutritional value of brown rice by avoiding termites and mold.
– Do not store too much, should buy 0.5-1kg of rice/time
Do not use wet hands to measure brown rice.
– Store in a dry glass jar, with a tight lid, in a dry place, out of direct sunlight.
Eating brown rice for weight loss brings remarkable fat loss sif you know how to build a scientific and reasonable diet and exercise daily.
When losing weight with brown rice, you must have patience and abstain from sweets, fats, and reasonable starches to change your slim body and ensure good health.
In addition, you can choose liposuction with technology to quickly lose weight effectively and bring a slim and attractive body. Don't forget to share this Bellyfatzone post if you find it can help someone.