Use your own body as a weight for training, or you can practice anywhere, without any training equipment … but still, be effective health, you know how to practice.
Each muscle group has its own way of practicing; with the right posture that will support that muscle group's development and have a slight impact on other muscle groups, our body is a great homogeneity. We are referring to a series of bodyweight exercises.
The exercise of bodyweight is increasingly popular in the community of practicing professionals and amateurs.
The advantages of this type of exercise can be mentioned that it is convenient, does not cost much, can be practiced anywhere, and is suitable for everyone.
Learn more about bodyweight and the suggested exercises that you can apply. Now BellyFatZone invites you to refer to this article together!
What is a bodyweight exercise?
What is bodyweight? Bodyweight is a bodybuilding exercise that does not need machines, support equipment; only use bodyweight to practice.
This method of training helps to increase strength, endurance, muscle development even without using weights.
Muscles gained by bodyweight are very stable and considered the most natural form of the human body.
Read more: Should Exercise Fitness or Bodybuilding?
What does bodyweight work for?
It is not natural that the bodyweight appears in the training program of most gyms. Do you think exercising without weights is not effective? You're mistaken.
- Bodyweight loss: The movements require the movement and coordination of many muscle groups, helping you consume many calories and release body fat.
- Toned body: Bodyweight brings strength to the skeleton, flexibility for joints, and toned growth for muscles.
- Avoid muscle imbalance: Gym exercises aimed at individual muscle groups easily cause muscular imbalance, the body looks unbalanced. Meanwhile, bodyweight combining many muscle groups will help you overcome this problem.
- Improve toughness: Endurance, flexibility, balance, endurance, and willpower are all trained by bodyweight training.
- No equipment needed: You do not need to go to the gym, nor do you need to buy many tools and equipment and still practice well because the only bodyweight tool is your own body.
Guide some bodyweight exercises at home for each muscle group
Maybe you didn't know what bodyweight was before, but you've probably heard or practiced exercises like squat, plank … Bodyweight is actually very familiar, but you haven't realized it yet.
Best bodyweight exercise for back and biceps
Pulling a bar is a post that's no stranger. All you need is a strong enough crossbar. Each up on the beam is similar to lifting a “dumbbell” by your own weight.
- Step 1: Hold your bar firmly with your hands, palms facing forward, arms stretched out, facing back about 30 degrees, arching back, chest out
- Step 2: Pull up until the upper chest touches the bar, tighten the back muscles, hold for 1 second, exhale when pulled up.
- Step 3: Inhale and lower yourself
This is a variant of Pull-ups. The biggest difference is that the palm of your hand is in your hand, sticking inwards towards you.
Pull-ups and Chin-ups are both popular bodyweight exercises for men, but what are the differences?
The muscles involved in these 2 movements are the same. However, in Pull-ups, the ladder muscles must be more active; for Chin-ups, the large chest muscles and forearm muscles are affected more.
3. Wide Grip Pull-ups
It's still a pull-up, but the position of your hands is wider than usual.
This way of placing your hands helps your back muscles be more impacted, thereby building strong back muscles. Pull and knock movements are performed as usual Pull-ups.
4. Narrow Grip Pull-ups
In contrast to the exercise above, Narrow Grip Pull-ups require you to place your hands closer together than usual, palms facing out.
Besides, the drag and drop movements are still similar to traditional Pull-ups. This variant is suitable for those who want to have big, strong biceps.
5. Pull-up Hold
Pull-up Hold is the best endurance exercise.
You need to grab the bar, pull up, put your chin on the bar, and hold it there for as long as possible. Try it, and you will know what it feels like your back trembles in waves.
How to practice bodyweight for chest and back arms
Dips are a great exercise to own the chest muscles and hand muscles after tens of thousands of people. You need to prepare a double bar or 2 parallel bars strong enough to practice.
- Step 1: Two hands grab 2 bars, arms slightly outstretched
- Step 2: Inhale and lower yourself slowly until your upper hand and forearm form a right angle, your body stays straight, keeping your elbows close.
- Step 3: Push back to the starting position using the back arm muscle.
Inhaling the soil is the most popular exercise in the past. The move is simple, it does not need tools, but not everyone knows how to breathe the ground correctly.
- Step 1: Hands and toes propped against the floor, arms wider than shoulders, torso forming a straight line from head to heel
- Step 2: Inhale, slowly lower yourself until your chest is almost touching the floor.
- Step 3: Push the person back to the original position while tensing the chest muscles and exhaling.
8. Diamond Push-ups
This movement is a variation of Push-ups with the ability to develop chest and back muscles no less than anyone. You can choose to change it, so you don't get bored every day.
- Step 1: Create a pose similar to when sniffing the ground, back straight, 2 hands close together, fingers shaped for the thumb and forefinger touching each other to form a diamond-like shape, arms stretched out.
- Step 2: Inhale and lower yourself until your chest almost touches the floor
- Step 3: Push to the original position, exhale definitely.
9. Bench Dips
If the regular Dips exercise is too hard for you, start with the Bench Dips to get used to it. No need for double beams anymore; you just need a chair with moderate height and strong enough to support it.
- Step 1: Put the chair behind you, put your hands on the edge of the chair, arms extended with shoulders
- Step 2: Slowly lower your body, and inhale
- Step 3: Use the force of the back arm to lift and exhale
10. Clap Push-ups
Clap Push-ups is an advanced bodyweight exercise to help tone your chest muscles.
This article is for those who have experienced it because the movements are quite fast and not simple. If you are confident, don't be afraid to try.
- Step 1: Create a posture of sneezing, hands wider than shoulders, tightening abdominal muscles
- Step 2: Slowly lower down, inhale at the same time
- Step 3: Stretch your arms, turn up, clap your hands quickly, exhale and lower yourself back to the original position
Bodyweight shoulder exercises help increase muscle fastest
11. Handstand Push-ups
This is also a difficult level exercise, but the effect is totally worth it.
It forces you to withstand your body weight and has to maintain a perfect balance. If you're unfamiliar at first, lean against the wall for a simpler gesture.
- Step 1: leaning your feet against the wall, hands on the ground, straight
- Step 2: Inhale, tighten, and slowly lower
- Step 3: Push up and exhale
12. Pike Push-ups
Unlike the above, Pike Push-ups are a simple bodyweight exercise that helps build shoulder muscles.
The brothers prefer this movement because of the attractive upper body.
- Step 1: Create a posture of inhaling the ground, spread your arms wide, and straighten.
- Step 2: Push your hips up and down until the whole person makes a V upside down, trying to straighten your arms and legs
- Step 3: Inhale and bend the elbows, lowering the upper body until the top of the head almost touches the floor.
- Step 4: Hold for a few seconds, breathe in and push yourself back to the original position until your arms are straightened.
13. Alternate Push-up Hold
This action is suitable to practice at the end of the shoulder training because it does not require much effort. This is a special combination of Push-ups and Pike Push-ups.
- Step 1: Start with Pike posture, arms stretched out, hold for 15-20 seconds
- Step 2: Switch to the normal inhalation position, also hold 15-20 seconds.
- Step 3: Finish with a Hindu Push-ups
14. Decline Push-ups
With this gesture, you only need to prepare a moderate height chair to have the body sloping down; the force exerted a lot on the shoulders and upper chest.
- Step 1: Put your hands on the floor, straighten, legs on the chair, body forming a straight line.
- Step 2: Inhale and lower yourself until your chest almost touches the floor
- Step 3: Push back up to the original position, squeeze the chest muscles, and exhale definitely.
15. Single Arm Plank
Low Plank is an exercise of the average level. Keeping your weight with one arm makes your shoulders more impactful, firmer, and more flexible.
- Step 1: Create a low plank posture; the body forms a straight line
- Step 2: Raise 1 hand forward parallel to the floor
- Step 3: Change hands, holding each side for about 3 seconds
Bodyweight leg exercises
People who like squats, houses like squats. Bodyweight squat exercises are popular with many girls because of the ability to “level” the third round. Besides, it also supports a lot of thigh and calf muscles.
- Step 1: Stand upright, arms out of your hands behind your head.
- Step 2: Slowly lower your hips to the deepest possible; the knees should not exceed the toes
- Step 3: Lift the person back to the original position.
17. Pistol Squats
Pistol Squats are a one-leg squat, which requires flexibility and balance. If you've learned how to squats well and find it too easy, switch to Pistol Squats.
- Step 1: Stand upright, your feet hip-width apart, hands upright, lift 1 foot off the floor
- Step 2: Inhale while lowering your hips until your thighs are parallel to the floor
- Step 3: Hold for 1 second, lift back to the original position, exhale
You do the same video but do not need to use weights, stretching your arms across your chest.
18. Jump Squats
Squat combined with jumping does not only help to increase buttock and thigh muscles but also release energy and burn fat. Women who want to have a big waist have a bodyweight exercise for this female right away.
- Step 1: Stand upright, your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step 2: Inhale and squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Step 3: Press your heels to the floor, stretch your thigh muscles to jump as high as you can, and exhale as you jump.
- Step 4: When landing, immediately squat down again
Lunges are the secret to bringing a fiery third round and making your thighs slimmer. It combines many muscle bundles to increase the efficiency of defeating excess fat, so there's no reason you can ignore it.
- Step 1: Stand straight, legs open narrower than hips, hands behind hips.
- Step 2: Inhale and step your left foot forward, lower your body and adjust so that the two pillows are forming a right angle, the left pillow does not rise before the toes, the right leg is parallel to the floor, the person remains straight.
- Step 3: Breathe out, pushing yourself back up to the position you are in, changing your legs.
20. Single-Leg Deadlift
Combining Deadlift and weight training in one movement, only one leg will work well on your thigh muscles. This lesson is not easy so start slowly to get it right first.
- Step 1: Stand upright, your feet should be hip-width apart, lift your right leg off the floor, knees slightly bent, your hands up as if holding a bar, the palm facing you.
- Step 2: Kneel on your left knee, push your right knee back until your right knee is below your hips, bend, arms stretched so that you lie below your shoulders, exhale when done.
- Step 3: Inhale while pressing down on foot, lifting upright.
Bodyweight movements for core muscles
21. Hanging Leg Raises
This type of exercise is very effective in strengthening your core muscles. The bodyweight workout schedule for men is indispensable for this movement if you want to have clear 6-pack abs.
- Step 1: Hold the bar with both hands, hang up, arms stretched out, extending with shoulders, palms facing out, feet outstretched.
- Step 2: Lift the legs until perpendicular to the body, exhale when done, keep tense for a few seconds.
- Step 3: Inhale and return to the original position
22. Bicycle Crunches
Building abdominal muscles, thick core muscles, and Bicycle Crunches is also known as a tremendous energy release. You ride a bike without having to have a bike.
- Step 1: Lie on your back on the mat, hands stretched out along the body, pull your right knee up, your left leg lifted off the floor, straighten
- Step 2: Change position 2 feet and repeat many times.
23. Reverse Crunch
Like the familiar crunch, this exercise will help boys and girls have a flatter stomach and create a zone if you exercise correctly and sufficiently.
- Step 1: Lie on your back on the mat, with both legs closed, the thighs perpendicular to the floor and lower legs parallel to the floor, hands placed behind the head.
- Step 2: Lift your head and shoulders off the floor, and pull your pillow closer to your body.
- Step 3: Return to the original position, but the feet do not touch the floor, shoulders and head do not touch the floor
24. Side Plank
Side Plank can be one of the best exercises to train your core and core muscles. It would help if you prioritized it in your weekly workout plan.
- Step 1: Lie on your side on the mat, with your forearms resting on the floor, your elbows just below your shoulders.
- Step 2: Lift the hips off the floor, the body forms a straight line
- Step 3: Stay in this position for as long as possible and switch sides
25. Mountain Climbers
Mountain Climbers are inherently famous for their ability to burn fat. The technique is relatively simple, so you can practice often.
- Step 1: Create a high plank posture; the wrists are located just below the shoulders, the 2 hands hold firmly.
- Step 2: Pull the left pillow toward the chest, as close as possible, do not let the feet touch the floor; the right foot remains on the floor.
- Step 3: Immediately push the left leg back to the position, simultaneously pull the right knee toward the chest, gradually increasing the speed as you get used to
Don't miss these bodyweight exercises with these great benefits in your workout plan, especially on lazy days to the gym or during your free time of the day.
- Top Best Suspension Exercise Straps
- Top 14 Exercise to Increase Breast Size at Home Effective for 10 Days
- Top 15 Simple Exercises to Lose Belly Fat For You
Hopefully, the information above has helped you gain some more knowledge about “bodyweight exercises for beginners” and bring some small value. Please share this article if you feel it is useful. Thanks!