- How many times have you determined to lose weight but then fail?
- How many times because of the weight that your body is tired of not do anything?
- Or weight loss methods before asking you too strict in eating?
Weight loss seemed a fairly intractable problem and too difficult for you.
Do not worry!
Experts have studied, and given method, Atkins weight loss is very effective and safe. A special feature in this method is that you can still eat foods high in fat delight without worrying about gaining weight.
Join us to learn about this method slightly. Now BellyFatZone invite you to refer to this article together!
Introduced the Atkins weight loss methods
What is the Atkins Diet?
Atkins Diet is a long-term diet, quite comfortable and close to the regular diet of Asians, based on the Low-Carbs principle.
The Atkins Diet originates from Dr. Robert C. Atkins, since 1972, encourages eating high-fat, high-protein foods, low-starch vegetables, cutting or limiting fast-absorbing starches.
Simply put, Atkins can help you lose weight if you eat a lot of protein and fat, as long as you can minimize foods high in carbohydrates.
This diet was previously considered unhealthy for the human body, as it contains very high levels of soluble fatty acids (saturated fat).
However, recent studies have suggested that this type of fatty acid is completely harmless.
Since then, this method has been thoroughly researched and proven to help better lose weight and improve blood sugar, good cholesterol, triglycerides, and other factors that are better than on low-carbs.
Atkins weight loss methods that allow very little starch and the experts rated as close and consistent with the diet of people in Asia.
Atkins is a long-term diet (limiting body absorb starch) for weight loss and weight maintenance.
Read more: Meat Only Diet Weight Loss – Is That Really a Good Idea?
What is the Atkins Diet weight loss diet and mechanism of action?
Part 1: Principles of the Atkins Diet
1. The goal of the Atkins diet
Any eating method has its own purpose. The goal of the Atkins Diet is to completely or minimize the number of carbs loaded into the body, to help burn excess fat and avoid excess calories every day.
Here are the purposes of this diet:
- Weight loss
- Improve health
- Maintain weight
- Disease prevention
2. Prepare to apply Atkins
The Atkins weight loss regime requires participants to make lifestyle changes. Set healthy weight goals and choose supportive tools.
Use tools like a diary, phone to take notes. Consult a specialized physician before starting Atkins.
3. Understand Atkins
These foods need to eliminate from the diet and are not present in the Atkins Diet menu, but the food is white: white sugar, white rice, white bread, white potatoes, pasta made from white flour, …
For this weight-loss method, you do not have a headache every day calculate how much you have loaded into the body of calories that simply calculate the carbohydrate.
Specifically, you need to calculate the amount of real Carb (Net Carbs) – total carbohydrates minus fiber.
The Atkins diet looks quite simple but has a very positive effect. Understanding these stages of the diet will help you know what you need to do to achieve your weight loss goals:
- Familiarization: Eliminate carbs (carbohydrates) during your diet. This is the most difficult phase and it is easy to give up if you do not persevere.
- Continue to lose weight (OWL): Slowly put starch back into the diet, while continuing to maintain the weight loss process.
- Before maintenance: When you are very close to the goal of losing weight, add carbs to your diet until the weight loss process slows down.
- Maintain: Now you can eat a lot of good carbs as long as your body can keep weight, not increase anymore.
However, these stages can be a bit complicated and unnecessary. You can still lose weight as long as you follow the sample diet below.
Some people choose to skip phase 1 and increase a lot of vegetables and fruits at meals. This method can be very effective.
Instead of eating lots of carbs, Atkins focuses on proteins, good fats, vegetables, by following the Atkins Pyramid pattern.
The main peak is the foods that can be eaten a little (but only when successful in losing weight): barley, rice, oats …
Foods that are not in the pyramid are white foods and you need to limit: white sugar, white bread, white potatoes, white rice …
Part 2: The weight loss process according to the Atkins Diet menu
According to Dr. Atkins, carbs are the cause of the increase in blood sugar, making the body easy to fall into a state of accumulating more calories and fat.
Just by reducing the number of carbs loaded, the body will significantly reduce calories daily.
Basically, this Low-Carbs Atkins diet has 4 stages, to help you closely follow and adjust the diet accordingly.
Stage 1: Getting used to – Limiting the number of carbs
1. Understand the requirements of the familiarization phase
This stage is designed to help the body get used to this diet, by slowly putting the body into ketosis, that is, turning stored fat into energy.
Some people who are overweight can even lose up to 5kg in 2 weeks. And this familiarization period, losing 2-3kg is completely normal and quite easy.
- Ketosis only occurs when the body is no longer energized (from powdered sugar) and must switch to burning fat instead.
- Ketosis can cause a number of side effects: headache, fatigue, bad breath, and nausea.
- Always drink enough water, vitamins, and get enough sleep each day.
2. Focus on eating good starches from vegetables, fats, and protein
Due to the elimination of fast-absorbing (bad) starches, it must be replaced with vegetables, good fats, and protein.
The Atkins weight-loss menu based on vegetables is plenty, unlike many other diets. Eating more slowly absorbed starches from vegetables not only helps provide nutrients but also helps to reduce fat effectively.
- Eat chicken, red meat, eggs, egg yolks, fish.
- Eat at least 113g of protein at each meal.
- Eat fat: olive oil and mayonnaise.
- Absorb monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, replacing saturated and trans fat.
- Limit processed meat.
3. Limit carbs
Good starch to eat Atkins is from vegetables. Try to get 12-15g of good carbs from green vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower. Limit the carbs you eat every day to a minimum.
- This stage should only eat about <20g of starch. Of which, 12-15g is from good vegetables and there is no diet focusing on such healthy vegetables.
- Avoid fruits and cereals, such as bread and noodles, during the familiarization period.
- Vegetables that contain very little or no starch, such as spinach, pickles, avocado, pumpkin, broccoli, etc.
4. Eat many meals throughout the day
Eat every 2-3 hours. You can choose to eat 6 small meals, including 3 meals and 3 snacks to stimulate metabolism. When eating, just eat enough to be full, quality, and not let go of yourself.
5. Eat snacks during the familiarization period
Maintaining snacks, alternating between meals, will help you reduce cravings and also maintain energy levels.
- Choose snacks that are high in fat and protein, help maintain blood sugar levels, and increase feelings of fullness. This is extremely important for a low-carb diet.
- Commit to snacks that must be low in carbs.
- Replace unhealthy snacks, by drinking Whey Gold ON Standard.
6. Pay attention to drink enough water every day
Drink 2 liters of water daily. Also, pay attention to add coconut water and fruit juice to add sodium and potassium.
7. Pass the first 10 days of the acquainted period
Certainly, the first few days were very difficult for newcomers to the Atkins Diet.
Be prepared for major physical changes such as lack of energy or dizziness. Buy enough vegetables, protein, and other healthy foods for weight loss.
8. Avoid the pitfalls of the Atkins diet menu
You can completely avoid unpleasant sensations and nutritional deficiencies, thanks to the application of some of the following measures while following the Atkins diet:
- Do not extend the familiarization period for more than 2-4 weeks. Many people prolong this period, but not good for health because the human body needs enough substances, especially starch.
- Drink a lot of water
- Use supplements, vitamins, and minerals.
- Eat more fiber.
- Rest more.
Stage 2: Continue to lose weight – Increase the number of carbs added to the body each day
1. Understand phase 2
The weight loss rate during this period is usually slower than that in stage 1.
During this period, each week you need to add 5g of carbs to your total daily carbs, as long as you maintain the weight loss is okay.
2. Add more food to your meals every day
The rule is to not exceed the maximum allowed amount of starch per day. At this stage, you can choose to supplement the following foods:
- Dried nuts
3. Add starch
Increasing the amount of starch will depend on the reaction of your body. If after eating 30g of carbs per day, you stop losing weight, return to the 25g / day diet.
However, you can eat up to 50g of carbs per day, if you still lose weight as usual.
4. Anti-constipation risk
The Atkins diet encourages you to eat more fiber, but many people still have the potential for constipation. Therefore, you should pay close attention to the following solutions:
- Drink a lot of water.
- Eat foods that contain good fiber and starch.
- Exercise regularly every day.
5. Supplement vitamins and minerals
For any diet, it’s important to be deficient in nutrients, especially micronutrients. Therefore, you should choose to buy multivitamins to take full of micronutrients!
Phase 3: Maintenance money
1. Know when to start phase 3
You should only start phase 3 when determining that you need to lose another 4.5kg to complete the goal.
You will begin to slowly replenish carbohydrates back into your diet until your weight loss is slow.
2. Add more carbs to your meal
Each week, add 10g of carbs to your diet each day. Add carbs that absorb slowly, to keep you full longer and faster.
The phenomenon of weight gain shows that you are loading too much starch, which needs to be reduced. The weight loss rate during this period will slow significantly, but will still decrease.
Stage 4: Maintain a fixed amount of carbs
This is the stage when you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle, with carbs loaded around 50-100g per day.
Once you have achieved your desired weight, you need to continue to maintain the Atkins diet for the rest of your life. If not, you can choose to follow a clean diet.
You can immediately see what the Eat Clean diet article is for better understanding.
What to eat and what not to eat on the Atkins Diet?
If you do not understand what you should and should not eat while using this method of weight loss, please read the following:
- Types of beef and pork
- Fatty fish and seafood
- Vegetables and fruits are low in starch
- Types of fatty milk
- Dried nuts
- The types are of fat beneficial from olive oil, coconut oil …
- Drinks like coffee, green tea, fruit juice …
Foods that should or should not be minimized during Atkins weight loss diet:
- Sugar in soft drinks, cakes, candies.
- White cereals or starches absorb quickly.
- Types of fast food.
Here is a sample Atkins menu for your reference:
- Breakfast: Omelette, with a variety of low-starch vegetables
- Lunch: Chicken salad, nuts, seaweed soup
- Dinner: Meatballs, chicken breast, and vegetables
- Side meals: Boiled egg or Whey Syntha milk 6
Some notes when applying for Atkins diet weight loss program
If you stick to this weight loss diet, you will surely achieve your weight loss goals. However, you also need to pay attention to its side effects:
- Dizziness (due to lack of substance)
- Tired, lethargic
- Bad breath
- High cholesterol because it is allowed to eat a lot of fat
Calculate the amount of starch in the diet Atkins
Calculation of the carbohydrate actually as follows: The amount of carbohydrate = total amount of carbohydrate – fiber – sugar diet.
(Total amount of starch intake you can know through the nutrition label printed on the product packaging).
Atkins Diet Plans Video:
Some “symptoms” uncomfortable applying the Atkins weight loss methods
In the process of dieting, can you encounter some unpleasant things such as headache, dizziness, weakness, fatigue, constipation, pain, or weakness in the calves and feet, especially while sleeping at night?
This unpleasant manifestations mainly because the body lacks the starch and fiber.
But you still assured because the body will quickly maintain the balance slightly. You can add texture to reduce constipation and vitamin B12 to reduce fatigue offline.
Above is the knowledge you need to know about the Atkins weight loss methods. We hope you can apply yourself to successful and effective weight loss.
You should note: You should consult your doctor before you start the process of weight loss, especially for your health problems, or are taking other drugs; the more you need to be more cautious.
That’s all the important information you need to know about what the Atkins Diet is. Let’s apply the Atkins menu weight-loss method now!
Hopefully, the information above has helped you to gain some more knowledge about the “Atkins weight loss plan”, and bring some small value to you. Please share this article if you feel it useful. Thanks!
Listen to this article:
If you have useful additional information to help people, please comment below.