Arnold Schwarzenegger is a familiar name for movie lovers, especially through “The Terminator” in the cult Terminators series. Not only an actor, but he also served as Governor of California during 2003-2007.
Despite taking on two busy jobs simultaneously, Schwarzenegger regularly maintains his strict diet and training.
Therefore, when he retired to rest, he is still very healthy and much younger than his 72-year-old age. Now BellyFatZone invites you to refer to this article together!
Arnold Schwarzenegger diet:
Many people commented that Arnold Schwarzenegger is the “living encyclopedia” for sports and eating. Recently, the actor had the opportunity to share with Men’s Health about his past bad habits and his disciplined diet and practice.
Previously, Arnold Schwarzenegger had time to work as a bodybuilder.
Therefore, he ate almost everything, so much so that his friends called him “trash.” “I would eat anything found in the kitchen,” Schwarzenegger recalls. During the competition, he only had to eat. He and his friend even ate an entire cherry pie after training.
Eating more means you have to exercise a lot to consume fewer calories. However, this process is not easy at all. “I don't always pay attention to my health,” he said. “When you're young, you tend to forget many things.”
Now, as an action movie actor, Arnold Schwarzenegger knows how to maintain a good body for work. He always followed a strict diet of oatmeal and vegetables, tubers, and fruits.
In the fridge of this millionaire is nothing but a basket of eggs and various fruits: strawberries, grapes, blueberries, bananas, watermelons (cut into square pieces), and pineapple.
The “Terminator” also hoarded Radler – a German drink of lemonade and beer that he was extremely fond of. “Most people don't know this type, but this is my secret protein drink,” Schwarzenegger said.
Sometimes, he will create his own protein powder formula. Ingredients include almond milk, sour cherry juice, bananas, and eggs.
Besides, Schwarzenegger also tries to limit meats and animal proteins. “Many people mistakenly think that this is the only way to be muscular and healthy,” he commented.
This millionaire feels better when eating green foods. However, sometimes he still ate beef and enjoyed his favorite steak.
When asked about temporary fad diets like keto or intermittent fasting, the former California governor said he did not follow the trend. “When I was filming, I didn't have time for such things.”
“At that time, I will have to follow stringent rules,” he added. “I practiced more, did cardio exercises, and followed my food closely. Therefore, I would eliminate sugary foods, as well as white bread, from the menu.”
According to Schwarzenegger, diets are only beneficial when you're “done right.” Every day, Schwarzenegger came to the gym regularly at 7 am and then went home.
During that time, he will practice cycling for about 45 minutes. However, his lifting habits have somewhat changed. “I no longer work hard,” he said. “After heart surgery, I was advised not to do any heavy exercise. Therefore, I now only lift weights and do more reps.
Schwarzenegger also began to prioritize stretching over before. He considered the boot process to be critical.
Having won 13 bodybuilding championships, this legendary actor still keeps practicing sports even after he has reached the age of loss in the past.
Schwarzenegger said he wants to be the inspiration for the next generation of young people to know how to protect their own health.
Arnold Schwarzenegger workout method:
Practice with steel spirit
According to Arnold, he was fully focused during training, which helped him reach the maximum intensity during each workout. “Always believe that you can do it; muscle is yours, it has to listen to you through weight training.
When you think like that, you've got your nerves connected to the muscle, and they grow faster and louder. ”
Arnold's “virtual visualization” technique is quite famous. Specifically, he imagined that his front hand was huge and strong, and he made that his goal every time he practiced. Practice more than others.
Arnold always set goals higher than everyone, so he knew that he had to try harder than others.
His friends said that when Arnold was in the room, he would stop and look at him. The intensity of his training really surprised others.
Arnold said, “You have to practice really hard and focus on the basic movements; barbells and dumbbells are two things you should practice more than the support and cables.
For him, if you do not exercise 100% of your strength that day as if you have not done anything, and what training to achieve 100% energy is another matter to discuss.
Choose the right exercise.
Once again, the expression “Don't just work hard, do it smartly” is perfectly applied by Arnold. To be big, you have to be strong. Beginners should pay attention to this; please think of something advanced, first practice properly. ”
This means focusing on the movements that make many muscle groups work rather than movements unique to one muscle group.
Bench press, squat, overhead press, deadlift, bent-over row are the ones he recommends practicing.
Actually, these movements take a lot of time to practice properly, but big or small is just time and determination once you have mastered them.
View: Sylvester Stallone Motivation Story
Do heavy exercises a few times.
For Arnold, in addition to choosing the right exercise, you must also choose the right weight. You squat 100kg with 8 reps proven to stimulate muscle growth 40 times more with 50kg.
“Start the training session with some gentle warm-ups and then gradually increase the weight, and lower the number of runs through each set. Each such injustice must be practiced until it is impossible to
For better results, go practice with a friend, and ask for help in the last rep. Arnold's experience is always focused on feeling his “weight” to ensure that the number of times he practices in each half will be exactly what he set out.
“I set the rule that never practices less than 6 times each session and more than 12 times each session for all body parts,” Arnold said.
️Change training schedule
Practicing a schedule for a long time will help your body get used to the pressure and stop growing. Always learn and apply new methods to your body. Arnold said: ”
To a certain extent, I will constantly change my exercises. I always want to challenge my body and grow bigger. ”
He sees planning workouts as necessary homework. If you notice that a certain movement no longer makes your body grow, move on to a new one.
Effective mechanical pump
“If your muscle doesn't have a pump feeling, then it doesn't have a chance to grow,” says Arnold. He sees this pumped feeling as having an orgasm during sex.
Each of his sets is always effective by combining weight, movement, and spirit so that the muscles are pumped the most, working until the muscles are fatigued, and do not forget to relax the muscles after training.
Priority is given to muscle groups.
Usually, the eye-catching muscle groups are more focused. But he did the opposite. At one point, Arnold felt his calves too small compared to other parts.
Instead of hiding it in pants, he always wears shorts or daily activities as a reminder to himself when practicing. And he always prioritized and focused on it more during training sessions.
Constantly learning and using instinct.
Follow Arnold ”Knowledge is always the tool that helps you succeed. By studying and experiencing new directions and approaches in bodybuilding, you can quickly improve more than others.
However, each person is different, so you have to experience it yourself, not a Mr. O exercise program that will make you like them.”
Arnold Schwarzenegger motivation:
Arnold Schwarzenegger motivational quotes:
1. “You have to remember something: Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
3. “What is the point of being on this Earth if you are going to be like everyone else?” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
4. “Just like in bodybuilding, failure is also a necessary experience for growth in our own lives, for if we’re never tested to our limits, how will we know how strong we really are? How will we ever grow?” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
5. “For me, life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
6. “Help others and give something back. I guarantee you will discover that while public service improves the lives and the world around you, its greatest reward is the enrichment and new meaning it will bring your own life.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
7. “The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
8. “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
9. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion.
That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger.
10. “If you don’t find the time, if you don’t do the work, you don’t get the results.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
11. “The better you get, the less you run around showing off as a muscle guy. You know you wear regular shirts-not always trying to show off what you have. You talk less about it. It’s like you have a little BMW – you want to race the hell out of this car because you know it’s just going 110.
But if you see guys driving a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, they slide around at 60 on the freeway because they know if they press on that accelerator, they will go 170. These things are the same in every field.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
12. “Positive thinking can be contagious. Being surrounded by winners helps you develop into a winner.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
13. “It’s not what you get out of life that counts. Break your mirrors! In our society that is so self-absorbed, begin to look less at yourself and more at each other. You’ll get more satisfaction from having improved your neighborhood, your town, your state, your country, and your fellow human beings than you’ll ever get from your muscles, your figure, your automobile, your house, or your credit rating” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
14. “If you want to turn a vision into reality, you have to give 100% and never stop believing in your dream.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
15. “If you don’t find the time, if you don’t do the work, you don’t get the results.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
16. “Be hungry for success, hungry to make your mark, hungry to be seen and to be heard and to have an effect. And as you move up and become successful, make sure also to be hungry for helping others.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
17. “I never felt that I was good enough, strong enough, smart enough. He let me know that there was always room for improvement. His demands would have crippled many sons, but instead, the discipline rubbed off on me. I turned it into drive.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
18. “The more knowledge you have, the more you’re free to rely on your instincts.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
19. I knew I was a winner back in the late sixties. I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way – I hope it never will.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
20. “I do the same exercises I did 50 years ago, and they still work. I eat the same food I ate 50 years ago, and it still works.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
21. “Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
22nd of 30 Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes
22. “If it’s hard to remember, it’ll be difficult to forget.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
23. “Life’s six rules for success. 1. Trust yourself. 2. Break some rules. 3. Don’t be afraid to fail. 4. Ignore the naysayers. 5. Work like hell. 6. Give something back.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
24. “You can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
25. “I don’t walk away from things that I think are unfinished.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
26. “Life may be full of pain, but that’s not an excuse to give up.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
27. “I didn’t leave bodybuilding until I felt that I had gone as far as I could go. It will be the same as my film career. When I feel the time is right, I will then consider public service.
I feel that the highest honor comes from serving people and your country.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger.
28. “I would never exchange my life with anybody else’s.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
29. “Learned helplessness is the giving-up reaction, the quitting response that follows from the belief that whatever you do doesn’t matter.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
30. “Money doesn’t make you happy. I now have $50 million, but I was just as happy when I had $48 million.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Hopefully, the information above has helped you gain some more knowledge about “Arnold Schwarzenegger diet and workout” and bring some small value. Please share this article if you feel it is useful. Thanks!